Chapter Seventeen

“Hello?” Hyunji asked nervously.

“My, my.” the velvety voice of Mr. Yoo covered the other line, simply not pleased by the turn of events. “It seems it’s taking longer, planning the demise of Joohyun’s father.”

“Mr. Yoo.” Hyunji pleaded. “Just give me enough time. Please don’t hurt her.”

Before she could say anything else, Joonmyun had taken the phone away from her, wanting to speak his mind.

“Listen.” he commanded. “Don’t you dare touch my little girl. If even a strand of hair is missing.. I’ll make sure to end you myself.”

A chuckle only came as a response from his threat.

“Oh, Joonmyun, was it? Why don’t you listen, now. This is what’s going to happen. You’re going to sit back and relax while Hyunji comes to get your daughter. Then, from then on, you can just forget either of them existed. I’ll send them far, far away. Forget about the whole revealing the world who your daughter is, it’ll just cause me more trouble.”

“You can’t. I would never leave them again. They’re mine.”

“Don’t you get it?” Yoo laughed. “She doesn’t love you. Well, not enough anyway. If she did, she never would’ve left you in the beginning. Wake up, boy. It wasn’t you who left, it was her who hid.”

Those last words froze Joonmyun, as the line went into constant beeps.

“Hyung what did he say?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Where’s Joohyun?” Baekhyun added, full of concern.

“Hyunji, you have to go.” Joonmyun finally broke from silence.

The whole room looked at him in confusion, not processing his words.

It was Minah who spoke first. “Go? Go where?” her blood slowly starting to boil, as she held her best friend close.

But, Hyunji understood. She was the only one who knew exactly what Joonmyun meant. This was for the best. She needed her daughter back.

Hyunji nodded. “I understand.”

“Like hell you do?!” Baekhyun interrupted. “Hyung? What the hell is going on?”

“Joohyun’s safety comes first.” Suho tried explaining. “Whatever this is.. can’t happen.”

“Bullshit, hyung!” Chen chimed in. “There has to be another way.”

“Jae-In do something.” Minah demanded. “You know Yoo more than anyone in this room. There has to be another way.” she pleaded, looking back at Jae-In. “The moment Hyunji leaves, she might as well be dead to us all. She will never come back. I won’t let that happen.” she squeezed Hyunji’s hand.

“You guys!” Hyunji stood up with a defeated smile. “Joonmyun’s right.” she looked at him, regret filled in her eyes. “This never would’ve happened if I haven’t seen Joonmyun at the hospital. Joohyun and I would still be together if it weren’t for that. I’m sorry this had to happen because of me, but I need my daughter back. She’s my everything.”

“Noona, you can’t just walk away.” Sehun pleaded. “Hyung..” he looked back at Joonmyun, who’s gaze was at everywhere except Hyunji’s.

“I have to. For Joohyun.” Hyunji replied, turning her body towards Minah, whose face was already streaked with tears. “I love you.” she whispered, giving the top of her head a kiss. She looked up at Chen with a sincere smile. “Take care of her.”

Walking at the corner of the room, Hyunji stopped in front of Jae-In, a proud smile on her lips. “I always believed you would do the right thing.” she said, holding both Jae-In’s hands into hers. “Thank you.”

“Channie, I’m sorry and thank you for everything.” she looked to Jae-In’s side, giving his arm a squeeze.

She looked back at everyone, trying to fight off the tears that were trying to escape. She didn’t know she could just leave everyone, her family, like this behind. They had been her source of happiness once. But her baby girl needed her. This was for the best. They were meant to stay hidden.

A text arrived on Hyunji’s phone, coming from Mr. Yoo.

Mr. Yoo: Pack your things and Joohyun’s. She’ll be dropped off to your apartment tonight. Don’t even tell anyone what you’re going to do. There’ll be bodyguards outside your apartment tonight before you have to leave tomorrow at 7. Permanently.

After reading Mr. Yoo’s words, Hyunji couldn’t hold back her tears, as she went running for the door, leaving everyone. Permanently.

“Shit.” Baekhyun muttered, getting up right away, ready to run after his friend. If only she didn’t need anyone now, he would be beating the crap out of Suho for just letting her go like that.

“Don’t.” Joonmyun warned.

“Hyung!” Kai protested next.

“We have to go after her!” Baekhyun yelled directly at his leader.

“I know that! I’m not losing her again. Ever.” Joonmyun promised. It seems he had something else in mind than just letting Hyunji walk out of his life.

Never again would he let his family down.

“Now we have until tomorrow to get both of them back.”

“Knowing Mr. Yoo he’s probably getting ready to ship them off somewhere.” Jae-In added. “I saw the text and she has until 7 tomorrow before heading to the airport with all her stuff.”

“So she’s gonna be at her apartment to get her stuff.” Minah chimed in.

Joonmyun paused for a moment, thinking of anything that they could do.

“What about Joohyun?” Baekhyun asked, looking at Jae-In for answers.

“She’ll be dropped off tonight.” Chanyeol answered, his deep voice, being heard for the first time tonight. “Along with some bodyguards at her place.”

“I got it!” Joonmyun beamed, calling everyone in to get closer, as they planned to get Hyunji and Joohyun back. Permanently.

It was a little after the darkness had settled in that Hyunji arrived at her apartment complex.There was an expensive car outside, waiting for her arrival.

Joohyun stepped out of the car immediately after the doors opened, running after her mother. “Mommy.” she cried, clinging to Hyunji.

“I’m so sorry baby.” Hyunji cried along, picking her daughter up from the floor, holding her close and tight. “I promise this will never happen again.”

Right after Joohyun had got out, four muscular, tall men followed, looking around their surroundings as if ready to attack if someone unwanted were to come.

“Ms. Hyunji, I’m sure you’d like to go back in and pack right away.” the tall, old-looking man, with glasses informed. “Bring them upstairs.” he told the bodyguards. “Gently.” he added, as if they would hurt the mother and daughter. “We don’t want Mr. Yoo angry if anything were to happen to them.”

Hehe, I'm probably surprising ya'll with another update right? I just couldn't help it. Hope you enjoy! XOXO