Chapter 11 - A day with the Quarterback

Bella's Pov

I woke up to find a sticky note on the pillow that I wasn't using on my bed. I rubbed my eyes and focused my eyes on the note.

'Hey can we talk, come down to the basement once you wake up'

It didn't have a name on it, but it was only obvious who it was from. There's only one person living in my basement.

I hesitated at first but I jumped out of bed and headed to the basement anyways. I stood outside the basement door frozen my hand hovering over the door ready to knock but I didn't. I took a long deep breath and knocked three times.

I heard rustling and moving behind the door and in a few seconds I found myself looking straight at Steven. He had messy bed hair and wore a big gray v-neck shirt. I think he figured out I was crying last night by how he was shifting his eyes trying to read my face.

"Come in" he finally said opening the door wider and sitting on the edge of his bed.

I took a seat on the bed, not to close to him. After a few moments of silence he finally spoke.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened I was having a bad day and I took it out on you"

"You don't do this they often do you do?"

"Do what" he said snapping his head towards me and still trying to study my face

"Apologize"

"Um no not usually"

I nodded and looked down at my hands. Not knowing what to say next.

"Let me make it up to you, let me take you out for lunch"

My heart stopped at his words even though I had just met him. Steven didn't seem like the type to take girls out for lunch.

"You mean like a date"

You're so stupid Isabella of course he doesn't mean like a date, he's doing this out of sympathy. He looked at me, his eyes looking like a deep green sea. A small formed across his face and his cheek started turning a light shade of pink.

"Yea like a date"

I could instantly feel my cheeks starting to increase in temperature. I looked at him trying to read if he was being serious.

"Yea, sure"

The smile on his face widened across his face and perfect dimples formed in the middle of his cheeks, which made me smile back at him. We both walked to the kitchen and since my parents were in Florida we didn't expect to have breakfast done.

"What do you want to eat I can make us something" I said trying to break the awkwardness in the air.

"Let's make pancakes, I'll help you"

Just as I was about to grab the pancake mix. He stops me and closes the cupboard door.

"No we're making it from scratch it'll taste better"

"I don't know how"

"It's okay I'll teach you" he winked.

He pulled out the milk, eggs, vanilla and flour and set it on the counter. As I pulled out a large bowl and a whisk. He handed me the 2 eggs and told me to crack them into the bowl. I had never been really good at cracking eggs but I told him that I would try my best. Shockingly I cracked them both without getting single piece of shell into the bowl.

I decided that I had wanted to put fruit on top of the pancakes so as he was finishing the batter I pulled out two bananas and a few strawberries. I pulled out a cutting board and  knife placing it on the counter. I peeled the banana and start to cut it into slices, I looked to my side and Steven was pouring the flour into the bowl.