Chapter 4 - Dinner time

** Photo is of Aaron Baxter**

I woke up at 6:30 and decided to wear the same yoga pants and t-shirt from yesterday since i only wore it for a few hours. I got up and looked in the mirror and realized how much of a zombie I look like. I brush my hair put it again in a ponytail. I grabbed my keys from the table in the hall and headed out the door I fast as I can to avoid waking Steven up and making conversation with me.

I pulled up to LAX and waited for my dad to step out of the airport to greet him. In about five minutes my dad was out and hugging me so tightly it hurt. But that's what I loved so much about him we could be separated for two hours and he would miss me terribly.

"How was New York?"

"It was good but I wish you and your mother could have come with me I missed you too very much he said Putting his suitcase it the trunk and sliding into the passenger seat.

"Me too dad me to" I say smiling and driving out of the airport pickup area and back onto the freeway making our way home.

"Steven is here by the way" I tell my dad as we drive into our drive way and park my car

My dad than opens the trunk, takes his bag and opens the front door. I follow closely behind and see that Steven has now woken up and served himself my lucky charms, I repeat MY lucky charms.

"Hey you must be Mr. Martinez I'm Steven" he says reaching his hand out to my dad and demonstrating a charming smile. This was much different from his mischievous smirk. What was this was he being respectful or should I say acting because he is no way near respectful unless he's trying to get something he wants.

I left my dad and him to talk and went to upstairs to call Ericka realizing I hadn't told her about the bra incident. I shut my bedroom door behind me and dialed Ericka's number.

no answer.

I went back down stairs; I was hungry since I hadn't eaten anything earlier when I woke up. I walk into the Kitchen and opened the fridge door and pulled out pasta leftover from last night's dinner that I had made for myself since no one else was home.

Not paying attention as I was walking out of the kitchen I ran into something, sending me to fly forwards the floor causing the pasta to fall all over the floor. once my eyes focused on what I had landed on I saw that it was Steven our faces literally inches away, he looked surprised at first but then the infamous smirk appeared across his face. I quickly got off of him and dusted my clothes off looking down at the floor so he couldn't see how red I was getting.

Without a word he got up and went into the kitchen to get a glass of water and walked out while I stood frozen in the living room. He walks out and made direct eye contact with me looking straight in my eyes. But he didn't have that tough look he always does he look normal, well as normal as he possibly can and still looking like he just stepped out of a Calvin Klein ad.

Finally my mom got home and before she started making dinner she went down stairs to the basement to say hi to Steven and then rushed back up stairs to start making dinner. I decided to help her I liked helping since most of the time both of my parents are working I like spending time with my parents.

"Honey can you go down stairs and tell Steven dinner is ready"

Instantly a knot formed in my throat you know like the one when you trying to hold in tears. I turned around and started walking slowly down the hall to the door to the basement, hoping he would come up stairs and I wouldn't have to speak to him.

I finally got to the door and just as I was about to knock I heard shouting on the over side of the door.

"You said you would have my money by today if you don't have it by tomorrow your dead"

Oh great one of his drug dealing calls if he catches me he'll kill me, I knock on the door

"Dinner's ready"

God my voice was shaking. I quickly walked back to the kitchen and take a seat to an already set table where my parents were already sitting. I pick a spot next to my mom when Steve walked in and took the last empty seat by my dad and across from me. We started eating and I swear you can almost cut the tension with a knife.

"So do you too know each other" my dad finally says drawing me back to earth

I sat without a word to say

"Not really but we're chemistry partners and we have 6th for sport together" he says looking straight at me but this time with a look he has never used he looked like he was trying to read what I was thinking

"Oh yea that reminds me I made the cheer team" I say trying to change topics.

"Yea your daughter is a really good dancer, I was at football practice and Cheer tryouts were on half the field" he says giving me a sinister smile which made two perfect dimples form right in the middle of his cheeks.

My dad quickly made conversation about football not realizing he practically just said he checked me out. You know men will be men. Meanwhile I turned as red as a tomato from his comment. The rest of dinner was extremely awkward for me while Steven and my dad continued to talk about football.

I finally finished and went back up stair to take a shower and go to bed. Thankfully I didn't run into Steven again.