Chapter 31 until the day i die

Bella Pov

I wake up to the warmth of a blanket and the sweet savory smell of buttery pancakes tickling my nose. I open my eyes and try to adjust my eyes to the lighting. I see a dinner tray on my bed with two plates of pancakes and orange juice.

I look up from where I'm sitting and I see Steven with a dirty apron and a dorky smile looking at his masterpiece of a pancake.

"So what do you think?" He said hopeful.

"Well I think you may have been a little distracted" I said lifting up the pancakes to the other side and revealing the dark burned crisp it had.

"Well it's kinda hard to stay on track when you have someone as beautiful as you on your mind" he said grabbing hold on my hand.

I seriously felt that my heart exploded and a million butterflies flew out of it. Most people give your stomach butterflies, he made my insides explode

I stood up and wrapped arms around his neck. I leaned in closer and just before our lips met I wiped whipped cream on his nose that had been on the pancake and skipped around him.

We finished our breakfast and quickly got ready for school realizing we were going to be late. I grabbed a pair of yoga pants which seem to be the only thing that fits me nowadays and I grabbed on old Iration concert shirt. we both run to his car and drive off too school.

We got there was soon as the bell rang so we said our good byes and went our separate ways. I run into first period and Carter flashed a smile as soon as I walked in. I took my normal sit next to him and took my notebook out.

"How you doing" he said

"A lot better thank you" I replied back

"Just remember, I know we've had a rough past but I you can always count on me" he said

I smiled at him and counted to do our work.

Chemistry rolled around fast and I blushed as I took my seat next to Steven. Steven had convinced the teacher to give him his old seat back.

"Will you ever get used to my Greek God like looks" Steven says wiggling an eyebrow.

"If you consider Shrek a Greek God, then no" I say impressed with my comeback.

After class we both start walking out to the lunch table when Steven gets a call.

"Hello.." he says into the phone.

I watching as the smile in his eyes start vanish and he suddenly becomes very monotone he his speech.

"Okay I'll be there thank you doctor" he says right before hanging up.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly

"It's my grandma, she doesn't have much time left" he says looking up at me from his seat at the table. Without another word I embrace him in my arms and he buries his face into my neck where I begin to hear soft whimpers. I place my hands on the sides of his head and wipe away any sight of tears that I see.

"Do you want to go see her" I say

"Yea, but will you go with me?" He says his eyes with a shiny glare.

"I'd go anywhere with you"

Steven Pov.

The drive to the hospital was silent and millions of thought run though my mind and shivers down my body. We both walked up to the hospital door, I take a deep breathe and I sense Bella's gentle hand take ahold of mine. I look down at her and met with her eyes.

"Whenever your ready, I'll follow"

I begin to walk down the hall and get to the front desk where they tell me where my grandma is. I walk Bella to the waiting room because only family members are allowed in to see her. I wrap her in a hug before I leave and she places a small kiss on my jaw.

I started walking down the hall to her room my heart beating a mile a minute, my blood seems to have stopped flowing through my body completely has a grab onto the cold metal door knob as I notice my reflection. my face is pale and sweat begins to build at my hairline. I finally gain the strength and turn the doorknob. Laying on a white hospital bed is my grandma connected to a dozen machines.

"Good afternoon grandma, how are you feeling."i say as my voice trembles.

"I've seen better days,how are you feeling".

" I'm good"

"Don't cry for me, my time has come just as yours will when your old and wrinkly as I'm" she say with a chuckle.

"Your hasn't come yet, I know you and I know your strength , you can fight this" I say letting the tears free from my eyes.

"There comes a time where you must stop fighting and just let things happen, the time is now for me" she say wiping away my tears.

"Your the only one here for me please don't leave me!" I say holding her gentle hand in mine.

"And how about that young girl in the waiting room" she say smiling.

"Bella? How do you know she came here with me"

"Because I saw the way she looks at you and how you look ather, you two have something special I see it, don't give up on that girl, ever promise me that"

" I won't I promise"

"And don't give up on the amazing man you are becoming" she says as her smile begins to fade and her eyes begin to flutter closed. Followed by he long beep sound and a straight line on the monitor

"No! No! Please don't go, I need you with me" I shout as I sobb into her small soft hand for what seems like hours, my heart feels as if shattered and cut up my insides my body shakes and my mind is filled with memories and thoughts of my grandma. I walk out of the room to notice Bella is sitting on the floor outside waiting for me. she quickly stands up as she notices me walk out.

"She..." I begin to say before I say another word. She wrapped her arms around me and lays her head on my chest. I lay mine the top of her head, close my eyes and sobb. I hear her beging to cry and I pull her closer to me and hug her tighter.

I will never give up on this girl until the day I die