Chapter 33 - walk on the beach

Steven Pov

3 months pass

Men were defiantly not made to walk around in a store all day, give me a football and I'm good, but a shopping cart and it will be the death of me. I've been walking around a party supply store with Erika and Aaron for the past two hours. In my defense Aaron looks like he's about to fall asleep as well.

" Hello! I'm talking to you two!" Erika speaks up snapping both back to earth.

" What do you think about this for the plates?" She says holding up a light pink paper plate with an elephant in the center. We have been planning Bella a surprise baby shower and got her mom to take her to dinner so we can go to the store.

Another long hour passes and are finally out the door. We head over to my car and put the things in the trunk. I drop off Aaron and Erica at their houses and head home. I quickly try and make my way to the basement when I realize Bella is in the kitchen.

"Hey, where have you been?" She says sneaking up behind me.

"Oh um, I was just with Aaron" I say nervous, it's not a lie I was with Aaron.

She quickly spins in front of me and stretches to her tippy toes to wrap her arm around my neck. my heart races at the soft touch of her finger tips on my neck. Without another word she presses her lips against mine catching my breath and leaving me speechless as she pulls back. She's smirks at my reaction.

"Why the shocked face." She's asks

" You just caught me by surprise that's all."

" Well clearly" she smiles before coming back down to her heels her eyes never leaving mine.

" Why don't we go to the beach today" she says

"Wait, are you asking me on a date?" I say rising an eyebrow .

"Maybe, so what do you say, are you in or out?" She says confidently

"Oh I am so in"

Bella Pov.

I finally did it I asked him for a date this time. I've been wanting to go to the beach for weeks now and I finally gained the courage to ask him. I quickly put on a dress and sandals and head downstairs. I realize Steven has been ready for a while since he's already asleep on the couch in his swim trunks and towel around his neck. I'm caught staring at the tone, tan muscles that are usually covered by a T-shirt. I pick up a pillow and throw it and his head. He looks at me and smiles jumps off the couch and heads for the door with me. We finally arrived at the beach, almost empty just the way I like it. Both of us head straight to the water, and as soon as my toes hit the ice cold water and I tense up and start to walk backwards. But before I can leave the water, Steven wraps his arms around my waist and pushes me in front of him.

" Wait! No it's too cold. " I saw trying to stop" I say grabbing onto his wrist.

He steps to the side of me and interlocks his fingers with mine. we start walking along the water and admire the sight.

"So have you thought of a name yet?" Steven askes

"I've narrowed it down to five, Maya, Rebecca, Selena , betsy, and Stephanie."

"I like Stephanie." Steven says

" that was my favorite too" I say smiling

" You know it's surprising how close we are now, considering just a year ago we were completely strangers." I say looking down and the sand in the tips of my hair.

"Yeah, it's crazy what moving in with someone against your will can do." Steven jokes

" Talk about difficult, try living with a hotheaded jock." I tease back

" Oh really..hot?" he says wiggling his eyebrow

" You think that's hard trying stubborn nerd."

Before I can even come up with a comeback he continues.

" A nerd, who is absolutely beautiful and I can't stop thinking about." He says looking down at me.

I feel the blood rush through the veins of my body like a race track. As I look up at him too find he is already looking at me. Without a word he takes both my hands so that we are now facing each other.

" Look, I don't know how or why but there's just something about you that makes me want to be a better person." He says leaving in closer. In moments are lips met and dance as one in the rhythm of a song and every sound around us seem to stop. I pull back and the crash of the waves against the sand mimic the beat of my heart against my rib cage.

" Let's take you home" he says wrapping his arm around my shoulder and walking to the car.

When we get home we realize my parents have already left for their business trip to New York. We walk in and get to watching a movie right away. it's become routine for us Saturday nights. Half way though the movies I already find myself dozing off.

"Come on let's go to sleep" Steven says whispering as I'm half asleep already.

He walks me up to my room helps me take off my shoes.

"Thanks for today" I said.

" Why are you thanking me you asked me to the beach remember"

"You're right, you're welcome" I tease. he leans in towards me and kisses my forehead making me weak in the knees. good thing I was ready sitting down or I think I really would have fallen.

"Night beautiful"

"Night"

****
Okay I know I know, I am super sorry for the super late update.

I've been super busy and to be honest lazy I'm at the last month and a half of my senior year I'm just trying to get through it strong.

I really hope you're enjoying the story and I do plan to hopefully continue it with a new book after chapter 40.

Please rate share and comment

Thanks Love bugs for reading I love you all
****