Chapter Eight- A Deal of Desperation, part one

~~~~~~<Your POV>
You awoke inside your dream, the haziness fading from your mind. You looked up and saw Bill right next to you, a hand resting on your shoulder protectively. He was eating a slice of the cake. You smiled and snuggled up to him, resting your head on his shoulder as you settled into his arms. He shoved the rest of the cake in his mouth, horking it down so he could hug you tighter. You giggled softly as he swallowed overdramatically.

You tilted your head and gazed up into his eye. It was a mesmerizing, beautiful golden, emotions and secrets swirling through it. You sighed breathlessly; Bill was gorgeous, you simply didn't want to admit it to yourself. He blushed as you thought that.

"I can read minds, you know," he said softly, a hint of laughter in his voice. You immediately blushed too as he chuckled. Sighing, a wish came to your mind.

"Is there a way I can see you outside of my dreams?" you asked wistfully. Bill smiled sadly.

"If you're that desperate, there is a way..."

You pleaded for him to tell you. It had been two months now since you'd first formally met him, and you hated only being able to see him in your dreams. You wanted him in your reality more badly than you were willing to admit. Because of Bill, your insomnia had quickly turned into a desire for sleep.

"We'd have to make a deal."

A deal of desperation, you thought.

"I'm willing." you said decidedly. His eyes lit up with joy. He shook his head with uncertainty. "It's dangerous..."

"I don't care." you said.
Bill smiled softly, his eye twinkling. You snuggled up in his arms, letting him hug you. You rested your head on his chest.

Drip. You looked up at Bill. A single tear had slid down his cheek and dripped off. Not a word was said, but the silence was loud.....until Bill broke it.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Bill silently kissed you on the forehead.

After another long silence, you sighed and sat up. "What are the terms of the deal?" you asked, hiding your tentativeness.

"I come out of your mind and into reality by gaining a vessel, but I....awaken something inside you you never knew you had, and it will change your out perspective on the world and yourself forever."

"Okay." you said quickly.

"N-no, you don't understand..."

"I want to do this."

"It's just..."

"Please, I want this."

Bill snapped. "YOU'D HATE ME FOREVER! I'd have to cause you unimaginable pain for this to happen, and you'd hate me. I promised I won't keep any more secrets....You'd never want to see me again, and I'd have to live in immortality knowing that the one person I love hates me!" By this point he was almost sobbing, tears streaming like waterfalls down his cheeks.

You hugged him tightly.
"I'll never stop loving you. I promise."