»shake hand

You sighed wistfully.

You slowly pulled your crumpled form off of the ground, crawling over to where the statue of Bill stood diligently. You grabbed his hand tightly, and shook it. The stone shifted and cracked, and golden light shone through the rifts in its smooth surface. An explosion rippled through the air, and you fainted.

"Darling?" a thin voice said. You slowly stirred from your slumber, opening your eye to the familiar face of Bill Cipher. You shot up, embracing him. It somehow felt...different. He pecked your cheek. "I love you, darling," he said flatly.

"I...I love you too," you whispered hesitantly. He hugged you, but his movements felt less alive than you thought they would. You walked away in the forest with him, his bright smile seeming like a facade. This is what you wanted, you tried to think, reassuring yourself that this was the fiction you seeked as you walked away with his arm draped over your shoulder lifelessly.

~~~~<one week passes>

You sat with Bill on the warm, soft grass, staring up at the clouds. You curled up and rest your head in his shoulder. He was rigid and his smile was empty and flat. It had been painted on his face ever since you'd shaken his hand. He wasn't the normal lively Bill you knew and loved- this was just a blank representation of him meant to make you happy.

Trying to get your mind off of these unpleasant thoughts, your gaze drifted to the clouds again. You tried to pick out their shapes, but they were just formless, murky blobs. You sighed and looked into Bill's golden eye.

His iris almost seemed as if it was pulsating...

At a closer glance through his unblinking stare, you realized that they were mirrored words.

I'm still here. Turn back time and you can chooses differently. You won't be happy here. Please.

You blinked, and they flickered away, almost as if they were never there.

"Hey Bill?" you asked reluctantly.

"Yes darling?" he replied robotically.

"Hey, Bill. Is there any way you can turn back time?"

He sighed in relief and snapped his fingers.