Prologue- Forest

~~~~Your P.O.V. -11 years old~~~~
You frolicked through the forest, your lush (h/c) hair flowing around your shoulders. The young girl in front of you giggled. Her name was Crystal, and she was your best and only friend. A turquoise bow topped with a pale pink flower rested upon her beautiful light gold hair. A matching turquoise dress swayed with her every step, the hem caressing the leaves beneath her. You came to a clearing, filled with a layer of seemingly glowing grass. Crystal smiled, her beautiful blue eyes shining in the golden sun. She settled down in the center of the trees as shimmering butterflies flew about, their palpitations in a beautiful harmony. Crystal gazed around at all the beautiful scenery as she lay down on the grass. This place was so lush and sweet that it seemed almost truly magical. You lay down beside her, reveling in the beauty around you. She looked over to you, giggling and smiling brightly. The sun smiled at you, almost seeming as if it was watching you with a loving, protective gaze. You closed your eyes softly, letting its warmth surround you.
~~~~??? POV~~~~
I smiled at the sight of (Y/N) lying in the golden meadow. They didn't realize yet that it wasn't a meadow in reality, but it was only their dream. I knew they saw the lush green everywhere, but that was an illusion too. Even Crystal was a figment of dream. I just wanted to make them happy somehow. Everything here was on a grayscale, devoid of color, except them. I had created them this forest, showing her the beautiful color I knew they didn't have in reality. They were the only real part of their dreamworld. I wanted to give them something sweet to take refuge in, even when I knew I, with what I was, could never truly be their refuge.