Standing Up to Bullies

Start from the beginning

"We will find a way. Tonight, you heal."

__________________________________

To pass the time at work Cisco thought we should all share some of the dumbest things we've done growing up and how our parents handled or didn't handle it.

"I may have super glued my brother Dante's lid to his piano so he couldn't play."

"May have?" Caitlin and I raise our eyebrows as we munch on Big Belly Burger.

"Okay, so I did. He was picking on me for being in the robotics club and I was able to un-glue it eventually."

"What did your parents say?"

"Something along the line oh mijo why would do you damage our precious angle's piano. Why mijo why?"

"Nice but I think I can one-up you." Caitlin seems so proud of her possible mischievous pass even though I doubt she's ever done anything horrible in her life.

"Okay, Dr. Snow spill. What troubles did you get into in your youth?"

"I once snuck out of my house and went to a poetry slam." Cisco and I just looked at her dumbfounded.

"Oh, Caitlin please don't' share that with anyone."

"What? It was every risqué of me. I even wore leather jeans and a crop top..."

"Oooh, not the crop top. You were so badass." I tease her.

"Yeah, what did miss. Perfects mom say?" Cisco joins in.

"She actually said my actions were deplorable and..."

"And?"

"And I was grounded from going to the science fair."

"Oh, please Caitlin that was nothing."

"Well, Anna what bad things did you do?"

"Yes, please share." Cisco is waiting anxiously on his chair for my answer.

"Well, one of the more tamer things I did growing up was crashing my brother's motorcycle into our family tree."

"You did what?"

"You have a brother?"

"Yeah, my older brother had numerous motorcycles and old cars in the garage and I was tinkering with one to make it self-driving like I did for our lawn mower. It worked for that so I thought there was no issue but I may have messed up on the calculations and basically I burned down a century-old tree."

"What did your dad say?"

"Oh, he gave me this whole lecture on the importance of that tree and what that tree meant to the family."

"What else did you do?"

"Oh, I crashed one of my brother's college party and got caught by the cops for underage drinking."

"Girl you were wild. What and how did you?"

"I told my dad that I was going to visit my brother for dinner but I actually brought some of my friends and we crashed a frat party him and some of his friends were throwing."

"How did you get caught?"

"My brother called the cops on me and involved our dad because he was pissed he caught me kissing one of his fraternity brothers."

"Damn, yeah, I don't have anything to top that. I made a few explosions and crashed a few vehicles in my day but never to the extent you did." Cisco hands over more fries and I gladly take it.