Part 27

Alex's P.o.V

If anyone told me I would be this content and happy with my life nine months ago, I would have laughed in their face. But here I was, with a son and a woman I loved and adored beyond anything in the world. A smile played on my lips as I took in the view of the city from where I stood in my office, it was indeed a beautiful Wednesday afternoon and I couldn't wait to get this last meeting over with so I could go see Zana. Images of her smiling, laughing and playing with our son filtered through my mind making me miss her more.

It had been three weeks since I confessed my love for her. I can still picture the shocked and happy faces we were met with when we entered the house hand in hand. Well everyone was shocked except for Kyle, he just shrugged his shoulders when we announced that we had resolved our differences. My mother still was mad at me but she was coming around slowly.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket dialing Zana's number, I know I'm acting like a love sick teenage boy but I couldn't help it. She answered on the third ring.

"Aren't you suppose to be preparing for a meeting?" Her sweet voice filtered through the phone.

"Yes but I can't concentrate, you keep distracting me."

"How can I distract you when I'm not even anywhere near you." She laughed.

"Well you are, and I miss you and Jorah so much."

"Alex, you just saw us this morning, anyways we miss you too, especially me."

"Miss me enough to give me a kiss when I come see you or I have to steal them as always."

"We will see when you get here." Zana teased in a seductive voice.

I had suggested we take things slow but I hadn't participated things being this slow. I was giving her all the time she wanted but it was hell for me. I mostly went to bed with a terrible boner and I had to always control my urges around her. And what was worse was Zana knew exactly what state she always put me in but it seems she thrived off seeing me that way.

"Ohhh we sure will see love, we sure will." I teased.

"I have to hang up now, I have to rescue Jori from my Nana to feed him."

"Alright baby, give him a kiss for me."

"Will do."

"I love you."

"I love you too. Now get back to work."

I was never going to get tired of hearing her say those words and I neither will I get tired of telling her my love for her. My assistant entered the room just as I ended the call.

"Sir, everyone is waiting for you in the meeting room."

"Thanks Mary. I will be there shortly."

I nodded to her as I put on my coat and grab the files I needed for the meeting, we were trying to buy over a resort in Bali. I hope I could get things done fast so I could go be with my family, since these things could take hours. I took in a deep breath before exiting my office.

Two hours later.
To say I wasn't tired and glad at the same time would be an understatement. It felt like forever in that room, my mind was distracted with thoughts of Zana but I managed to focus till the end. It had been a purposeful meeting but a long one.

I stared at the bouquet of daisies in the passenger seat. I had gone to the flower shop to get her roses but then changed my mind when I saw the daisies. I didn't know what kind of flowers she liked but I was willing to take a chance on them.