Part 13

It didn't get better as I thought it would, he was still avoiding me and I helped him by staying away from him. He was usually out of the house before I even woke and didn't return till late, I know because I stayed up till he came home and enter his room before I went to sleep. Yes, I cared about his well being even though he didn't care about mine.

Everything that was happening was driving me crazy and my emotions were all over the place. One moment I'm crying, the next moment I'm angry at him and the other I'm totally fine. I mostly kept to my room until I was sure he had left before coming out to wander around the house like a ghost and today was no different.

It was a Wednesday and after he had left for work. I left my room and went downstairs to find something to eat.

After I had finished having my breakfast, I decided to get productive instead of just lazing around. Why not stock up the fridge with food, I thought to myself. It would save me time, I wouldn't have to worry myself on days I was too tired to cook and Alex wouldn't have to starve when he gets home late and hungry.

I checked the pantry for the necessary things I would need. The pantry was well stocked, Mrs Amelia must have ordered for it to be done. I carried the items I will need three at a time to the counter and started with the task at hand.

After hours of cooking and trying various recipes, I had seven food containers cooling on the kitchen island. As I was washing the dishes, I heard my phone ringing. For some insane reason I thought it was Alex calling. But then why would someone who was trying to avoid you call you, I thought to myself.

I hurriedly wiped my hands on the napkin and checked the caller ID. It was an incoming FaceTime video call from my Nana. I was beyond excited as I hit the answer button.

"Nana!!" I happily said as I saw her face.

"Owww my dear child. I'm so sorry for not calling earlier" she apologized.

I wanted to be mad at her but I couldn't. She was my grandmother and no one got mad or angry at their grandmother.

"You look great Nana. And I love your sun dress. How are you tho? And Mrs Amelia?" I asked as I walked to take a seat on one of the chairs in the kitchen all the while holding the phone to my face.

"Thanks dear. I'm fine so is Amelia. She went to the bar to grab a drink. She will be back soon so you can talk to her. How are you and the baby. Is Alex taking good care of you" she ranted on.

"We are fine Nana, and yes he's taking care of me just fine" I replied with a smile.
No way I was going to tell my Nana he was being his old self again. I was a good person, I didn't bad mouth people and I wasn't going to start now.

"Well, lift the phone up so I can see you fully. I want to see how you coming along"

I did as my Nana told me, holding the phone up so she could fully see me and I even gave her a sideway view.

"Mmmm You have rounded up well. Do you know your due date now"

"Yes Nana, between 31st July and 6th August. You guys will be back before then right?"

"We sure will Zana"

I heard Mrs Amelia at the background asking my Nana to pass her the phone so she could also talk with me.

Soon my Nana's face disappeared and Mrs Amelia's face popped up.

"Dear how are you and my grandchild" Mrs Amelia asked as she sipped whatever was in her glass.