Part 26

The following two weeks passed by much faster than I expected. Everything was going on well, Jorah was getting better and better each day, Alex and Kyle were getting along, which kinda baffled me. I mean these two were like sworn enemies or so I thought. And I was beginning to gain control of my body once again, the bloody vaginal discharge was still present but it wasn't as it was on the first day after delivery. It was as if everyday was my period. I had been discharged two days after the Ana incidence but no way I was leaving this hospital without my son so I had taken up residence here till the time we both could go home, well I had insisted on it and Alex had seen to it that I could stay.

Alex, well our relationship had improved greatly since the birth of our son, we weren't best of friends but we were okay. And each day that passed made it hard for me not to love him more, the way he was so attentive with Jorah and how he would caress my face and give me kisses on my forehead and how he would just stare at me when he thought I wasn't looking. Well I didn't like it because it did things to my heart and body I didn't want. Things were okay as they were, and there was no need to complicate it. He wasn't here as much as during the first few days because of work, urgent meetings and what not but he spent most of his time here.

My Nana hadn't contacted me since that day and I was starting to get worried a little. She had said she will try and cut her cruise to come back but nothing. It was then that I remembered that I didn't have a phone anymore, I slapped my forehead punishing myself for how stupid I have been. Alex had insisted on getting me a new phone but I refused it, I wasn't about to accept anything from him other than what he wants to give his son. I wanted to get my own new phone by myself.

I sat in Doctor Pasley's office waiting for her since she said she wanted to talk to me about Jorah. My nerves were on edge thinking the health of Jorah had taken a turn for bad or maybe he had an infection. I clasped my hands together and closed my eyes as I prayed for everything to be alright with him.

"Ahhh, Mrs Flemming, sorry to have kept you waiting" She entered her office and took a seat behind her desk.

"Is everything alright, why did you want to speak to me in your office, is my son alright?"

I nervously asked the doctor who only laughed at my rantings.

"Come down, everything is fine. I actually called you here to tell you, you can take Jorah home today."

I instantly stood up from where I sat too excited to keep sitting.

"Really??? Thank you so much Doctor Pasley, for everything."

"You don't have to thank me, just doing my job. You just have to remember everything I have taught you about caring for a preemie and bring him for checkups regularly."

"I will, I will." I reached around her desk and gave her a hug whiles she sat. Yes I was that happy, I straightened up after to go get my son and get out of this hospital. I didn't really like hospitals and these past few days were hard, I had forced myself to stay here because of him. I said a final goodbye and thank you to her and quickly rushed out of her office towards the neonatal care unit.

Alex was already there standing by the window looking in. He gave me one of his dashing smiles as I approached and I couldn't help but return the smile, I was happy after all.

"Already packed your stuff and placed it in the car, was waiting for you to come so we can go. The nurse already got him ready."