Part 21

It had been three days since Alex had been here. Thinking about the whole situation still hurt but not as much. I was almost done packing the things I needed. I was moving to Sacramento and that was it. Luckily for me, Kyle had a key to my house, making it easier for him to gather some of my clothing and my cards for me. I had confronted him about telling Alex where I was before he explained the incident of him coming to his house but he told him nothing. I knew he wouldn't ever betray me but I still don't know how he found me. I still couldn't stop thinking about him though.

I tried calling my Nana several times but  nothing. She deserved to know what was going on and my plans. As I chewed on an apple in the kitchen, I decided to try reaching my Nana again, and this time around it connected through. She picked up on the fifth ring.

"Hey baby, I'm so sorry I haven't called you. The reception is terrible. Anyways how are you and the baby?"

"Are you alone Nana?"

"Yes but why, is everything alright?"

"No Nana, nothing is alright." I sniffled "I'm moving to Sacramento Nana."

"Zana, what is going on and why are you moving to Sacramento?" my Nana questioned.

"Alex, its Alex Nana, he-he.."

"What did he do this time"

"He had planned on taking my child away from me and divorcing me when the child is born. Those documents I signed on the day of the wedding, they weren't just official marriage certificates, it was more than that Nana"

"WHAT!!!  I would rather die than allow him take the baby away from you. Ohhh that boy needs a sound thrashing. Listen to me Zana, no one, no one will take my great grandchild away from you, do you hear me." She bellowed angrily.

"He's only given me a week to think and come back to him, and I don't want to. I'm afraid of what he will do if I do not come back to him"

"Dear child, you are not going back to him."

"Yes Nana, that's why I'm moving to Sacramento before the week ends. I have to protect my baby."

"And you think running away will solve this, what if he finds your there and truly takes away the baby."

"But..."

"No buts Zana, you going to stay in San Francisco and fight, you hear me. Will call you back in a moment baby. Nana is going to take care of this."

She said and ended the call before I could say another word. What did she mean she was going to take care of this. If I myself couldn't handle it how much more her. But if she could I would be grateful because I didn't really wanna leave, to start all over in a new town when I was eight months pregnant and didn't know anyone there.

It didn't take long till my Nana called me back. I hurriedly picked up on the first ring connecting the call.

"He won't be bothering you again dear, and you don't have to worry about him taking the baby away from you anymore" my Nana announced before I could utter a word.

"Really!!  But how did you do it Nana and are you sure of what you saying?"

"Don't you believe your Nana anymore?" She asked.

"You know I do but how?"

"Well, I confronted Amelia about it. I'm sorry dear but I just had to. You should have seen her deal with that arrogant son of hers on the phone."

"Nana!!"

"Don't Nana me Zana, now just take care of yourself till I come back. Ohh Amelia wants to talk to you" she said and passed the phone to her before I could say anything.