Chapter 4 - The Reality

Start from the beginning

He never responded but his only reaction was crumbling of a paper in his right fist. That's when I realized he had been holding a paper in his hand all along and now it was all crushed. I could see his vein pulsing on his temple. He was upset, no in rage but something stranger was happening. He was handsome man, no doubt. And it was a treat to watch him. But right now, seeing him in rage, trying to control his anger was doing something peculiar to my heart. It was racing uncontrollably fast.

I didn't know what was written in that paper or why was he was so mad but I was sure he was. Even though he hadn't spoken a word since I came. The pulse at his temple was pulsating rapidly and my heart seem to be matching its puling with that vein. Not understanding what was happening to me, I turned away from him, trying to hide my face.

"What if he could see my weird feelings on my face?" I was worried.

"Must be his shirtless state that was doing things to my heart", I told myself.

I was still trying to calm myself when he dropped the bomb.

"Greta is not coming. Get out of your dress, you are posing for the painting today", he said standing up from the couch. Without waiting for my answer he had already moved towards the stand on the other side of the room.

"What?" I screamed but I was sure no sound came out of my mouth. Even though this is what I was initially told I would be doing, in the last few days, I had come to understand from Greta that I would have to continue for another few weeks. Only when the current painting was over and I had picked up the nuances of modelling by watching, I would be expected to pose.

So this command was actually out of the blue. I was struggling to keep it together. But Noberto was not at all concerned or affected by poor state. I was still standing like a statue when he snapped, "What the hell are you waiting for? Get moving!"

I shivered at the voice. Not knowing what he wanted me to do, I quickly went behind the partition Greta used to use. There was the satin cloth dress that Greta wore if that could be called wearing. Since there was nothing other than the satin piece I decided to use it. Getting out of my old pants and cotton shirt and under garments, I was already shivering with cold. This was too sudden and unexpected. Where did Greta go? Why wasn't she here? There were too many questions on my mind.

"All that doesn't matter now. Focus on getting this right", I told my brain.

I wrapped the cloth around myself to make me as decent as possible. After all I had no clue how he wanted to paint. It could obviously not be his earlier painting. It was half way through with Greta and I nowhere close to fit in her shoes. Not that I was interesting in taking her place. I would not be doing nude painting. Thank God, Mr Clement had told me it was semi-nude. I mean, I not happy with being semi-nude in front of a sexy man but it was indeed far better than being completely naked!

What guts Greta had to pose like that in front of him. She had no problem with me as audience during the painting as well. She must have been doing it for long.

All these random thoughts were running through my head to keep it away from the immediate situation at hand. That was stepping out of this partition in front of Noberto while just holding a piece of cloth to cover my nudity. This was much harder than I thought.

"I don't like to be waiting forever!"

I heard him yell from the other side of the partition making me jump. "Oh he is in a terrible mood! God please help me", I prayed internally. Taking few long breaths, I tried to calm my racing heart and slowly stepped out. The cover was decent but still leaving me with bare shoulders and legs as it ended a little above my knees.