Chapter 2 - The Background

"Good we are back before him. Once he gets in the groove, he doesn't remember time and day, wouldn't even let you leave till he is done. So enjoy your days of watching before..." Greta was cut in before she could complete as Mr Fritz came back to the room.

He was still wearing the same jeans and open shirt but carrying a new canvas which he placed back on the easel. I didn't know what happened to the earlier canvas. Without looking up from the canvas, he told Greta to take her position. Greta dropped her shirt carelessly and went back to lie in the same pose, without any clothes.

I was amazed, at the same time embarrassed at her ease to lie naked, wondering why she would pose nude. She didn't appear as if she was under any kind of stress or compulsion to do such a job. Either she was very good at hiding her true emotions or she just didn't care of standing naked in front of a man who was not her husband. Or may be it was too soon to comment. I hardly know either of them.

Bringing her attention back to them she saw him pose her beautifully in front of him. He appeared more focussed this time. He even went to where he was sitting to turn her shoulders or her chin slightly away. My eyes were automatically turned away when he touched her anywhere and a shiver went down my body thinking his hands were hovering on her body but he appeared to be epitome of professionalism.

When she got bored to watching the two of them since she had no clue of what was being made on the canvas turned away from her, her mind went to notice the room they were in. it was a cool room with wooden flooring. There was no carpet in the room. Both Greta and Mr Fritz were barefoot except I who was still in my shoes. May be tomorrow I will find a place to keep my shoes as well.

The windows showed a garden at the backyard and I had a desire to go visit it but I quickly killed the thought. I was here to work, not do sight-seeing. I didn't how long it stood there silently before realizing my feet were starting to hurt. Seeing both of them to be lost in their work, she slipped down and sat down next to the wall to rest for a while.

I must have fallen asleep for a quick nap, when I heard the scrapping sound of the couch on the floor. I immediately rubbed my eyes to see Greta standing next to the couch, yawning. She stretched her body suggestively with her pulled up such that her breasts were strutting out.

She indeed have a beautiful body and the way she was looking up at Mr Fritz, it appeared there was more to their relationship than what I had earlier thought. But he wasn't paying attention to her. Instead he was talking to no one in particular, "The light is no longer bright. We'll have to catch it again tomorrow to get the same set up."

At this, I looked at my wrist watch and was shocked to see it was already three o clock! How could it be! How long was I asleep? Are they going to throw me out for sleeping on the job?

Oh! how could I be so dumb? I was cursing myself for the serious lapse but they seem not to notice me at all.

"Do you need me for anything else?" Greta was asking him but he seem to be lost in his thoughts. He went to wall cabinet and picked up a glass and bottle. Pouring himself a large shot, he said, "This is beautiful. Let us get you free."

I was wondering what is he talking about? I looked up at Greta questioningly but she wasn't too happy. She stood up and went behind the wooden partition to put her clothes on.

Within minutes she was out wearing a smart ankle length straight pants and a satin top. Her slender figure look taller and highly attractive but she had a pout as if she was upset about something. Getting her bag, she went across me to get out.

I was still thinking what should I be doing when she turned at the door and said, "You are coming? Or are you planning to spend the night here?"

I jumped at her words, "No..I..m.. Can I really leave?"