Chapter 22

"Oh...poor Chels. Why does this have to happen to you. Twice!"

Ryan gave me a hug and patted my hear. His gentle gestures made me cry even more. He felt helpless and couldn't do anything to stop me from crying.

I wiped my tears on his shirt.

"I think it will be reasonable for me to ask him why he is doing this."

"Yes. You should do that. But not today. You must be tired. Go take a nap. "

I hesitated to answer but it came out.

"You will be here right?"

"Yes."

"Thank you Ryan. I owe you big time."

"Being my best bud is good enough. Go take a nap."

I went to my bed and laid down. The blanket was rested on top of me by Ryan.

"Thank....you....."

I dozed off.

"Ergh."

I woke up with a major headache. I guess it's from all that crying. I got out of my bed scratching my head. As I head downstairs to the living room, I saw Ryan sleeping on the sofa. He is such a mess. His leg is on top of the sofa, his arms are on the floor and his face is squished onto the pillow.

I approached him and stomped his butt.

"Wake up! it's already 11:13 am. Get up!"

"Nngh. Wake me up in 2 hours!"

"RYAN GET YOUR FUCKING BODY OFF THE SOFA!"

In fright, he got off te bed and scratched the head.

"Damn Hitler! What do you want?"

"Drive me to Leon's house."

"Ok get changed."

"Are you going to go in that?"

"Yeah why?"

"Those were yesterday's cloths."

"So?" he sniffs himself. "I still smell good."

"Go freshen up in the bathroom."

We both got ready within 10 minutes. Ryan got the car ready as I was wearing my Louis flats. We arrived at Leon's house after a long drive of silence. I got out of the car and reached his front door. I knocked as hard as I could and rang the doorbell several times.

"Leon. Leon. Leon! LEON OPEN UP!"

Ryan walked up.

"Chelsea. Look."

I looked up and saw 2 envelopes on the door. One says Chelsea in italics and another one says Ryan in cursive.

Ryan handed me mine as he got his. I opened my envelope in haste. The note inside is visible that it's written by Leon. It stated:

Dear my dearest Chelsea,

Hello babe. How you doing? Are you feeling better from your injuries? well to keep this short, I ha a moved far far away from you. I have caused you enough trouble. Whenever I did you wanted me to go away. Well now your wish have been granted. I can't tell you where and when I have moved. I just have. You have no connections you can use to find me because even Ryan won't be able to find me. I just have some business to take care of. Please be careful about anything. Live your life and love yourself. Never forget about me as I will never forget about you.

Take care

Leon.

My tears fell and smudged the writing on the paper. I can't believe he wrote this. I can't believe he moved without telling me. How could he!? the letter crumbled in my hand as I'm filled with anger and sorrow.

"Ryan. What does...your le....letter say?"

It's from my sister:

Hey Ryan.

What's up? To keep it short and simple, I moved with Leon. I didn't move in with him but I'm in the same location with him. I didn't tell anyone where I am so you can't find me. I have some business to take care of. So please don't tell mom and dad. Thanks.

Jenny.

So her name is Jenny...

I sobbed even more. How could they move together. This is absurd. Ryan looked at me with melancholic eyes. He hugged me as I hugged him back. This cool spring afternoon turned into a cold winter night for me. What is wrong with me. What have I done wrong.