Chapter 18

Silence was living in my room it was as comfortable as the hospital bed.

Leon was standing awkwardly by my bed. I had no strength what so ever to yell at him to get out. Plus, I have no feeling in both of my legs. I'm helpless. I'm vulnerable.

"So...how...are you feeling"?

I have him the look. "Oh I don't know. I don't have any feeling in my legs, I'm on the hospital bed and all these tubes are in my body. I'm doing swell".

He looked down and didn't bother to face me. He realized he asked something stupid and was embarrassed. I felt bad using sarcasm on him, knowing he was trying to be considerate. But that's all I can do from this bed.

"Thanks for being considerate. Now if you don't mind..."

"When is your therapy"?

"Pardon"?

"I asked....what days and time is your therapy for your legs"?

"It's everyday at 2".

He looked at his watch. I looked up to see what time it is. The clock reads 1:30 pm.

"Alright. I will take you to your therapy. Everyday."

I was left on my bed with my mouth open. I didn't know how to respond to that. As a reflex, "why not make this even better. LEAVE"!

Instead of walking towards the door, he walked towards the bed. Leon looked directly at me and slammed both of his hands onto the bed.

"I am taking you. Whether you like it. Or not."

As restless as I was, I didn't bother arguing. I went back to taking a nap, facing the other way. I felt the bed lift a bit. Leon left go of the bed and sat on a chair.

Once again, silence hugged the room. I couldn't go to sleep because a traitor was in the room. All I thought was when will he inject something poisonous in me? when will he take away all the tubes away from my arms? when will he just flip me off my bed and strangle me on the floor?

These question kept roaming around in my head. Tears escaped my left eye. The person I dropped my wall/guard down, he just stabbed me on the back. On top of that, I can't walk anymore. I am not normal anymore and may never be.

All of a sudden I felt hands on left rib cage. I was lifted up by Leon.

"Hm...looks like you aren't that heavy after all. After all those take outs and ice cream."

That made me even more pissed. I was in no mood for any jokes, especially from him.

Since I couldn't move my legs, all I did was swing fists towards his brolic body. The fact that his body is muscular, he may not feel my fists hitting him. Probably it's just like pinch instead of a hurtful fist punch. I'm probably just a fly to him...

He placed me on my wheelchair and pushed me out.

This hospital is huge. It has many hallways and corridors, many bridges to go across wings. There are about 4 wings. I'm not sure if each wing has a specific department. Each wing has about 10 floors or less. This is my first time being in this hospital as a teen. My mom used to take me here for regular check ups when I was an infant-toddler.

My room was in wing B floor 7 and I have to go to wing D floor 10. So that will be about 4 floors down, across a bridge, up 2 floors, cross another bridge and finally 5 floors up. Damn this hospital is complicated.

Leon pushed me into the hospital. Our elevator ride was quiet, as expected. Once we reached the 3rd floor, Leon started to push the wheelchair slowly.

"Listen. I would like to explain myself. So please. Don't say anything until I'm done."

I sat there quietly. I will give him a chance.

"I will take that 3 seconds of silence a yes. Thank you. As you noticed, you saw a brunette with round boobs and a beauty that was all over me."

That didn't really help but I nodded.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to start like that. While I was away on Europe, I had a friend that I knew ever since we were in kindergarten. We were very close. Had many likes, many similarities, it's basically kinda like how close you are with Ryan, maybe even more closer. Don't take this wrong, we are straight."

Since Leon's view of me is the top of my head, I know he can't see me cracking a small smile.

"Anyways, that girl is his sister. I was in Europe for about 7 years. She is our age. They are twins, opposite genders. I have known her at the same time I met my friend. I have been taking care of the girl for a long while. I was like her brother. Plus tutor. Plus servant. Plus shopping assistant. I thought of her as my sister. However, around the first year of high school, she developed feelings for me. I didn't acknowledge them until last year. I thought She was being a caring sister. But it was all her love towards me, in which I didn't accept. She doesn't know anything about you, so she doesn't know I had a life long crush. I had a "secret lair" based on you. I was trying to find you, all the way from Europe."

I used my hand to stop the wheels of the wheelchair and gave him the "seriously" look.

"Yes I am serious. Don't worry, I respect your privacy."

I let go of the wheel. He continued.

"She was one of those creepy stalkers, she knew when you have this, when you have that, what time you take a shower, when you eat, what you eat, etc. Around the summer before junior year, I completed my search of finding you. By this time, my guy friend already left to America. He left before freshman year started, not sure when exactly. He has no idea about his sister's crush. I told her I have to leave to America because of some family problems. I will be back. She was fine with that. But later she got bored and now she is here. I don't know if her brother knows that she is here. But I do not feel comfortable about it. It took me years finding you and when I got you, you let go of me. I was heartbroken as well believe it or not. I didn't know what to do. You were in the hospital for days and I couldn't do anything about it. That girl. It's all her fault. If she didn't...."

I stopped the wheelchair again and have him the look.

"Sorry".

We continued.

"She told me how tall I am now, if the problems were solved, if I ate properly. All those questions lead to her being really happy and wanting to kiss me. But guess what, she was drunk. She is good in drinking, but I don't know how or why she lost it in this one. She was really wavy and I couldn't do anything about it. But please trust me, my heart will be yours and only yours. I did not have any interest in girls over there and I still don't. I will always look at you."

That was his last sentence before a short silence and the entrance into the therapy room. They made me do exercises that require hand connecting leg movements.

After 2 hours of therapy, Leon put me back into my wheelchair and took me back to my room. This time, there were no words or conversation. All we did was look around but at each other.

By the time we got to my room, we say Ryan sitting on the flat surface by the window, looking out. Once we entered, I smiled and waved at him. But I saw a surprised expression from him. I slowly dropped my hand and looked at him. I followed where his eyes traces and it went to Leon, who also had a surprised expression.