Chapter 13

"Oh. Why hello Chelsea! how is your morning? I suppose it's great and filled with excitement. Aren't I precise?"

Leon's enthusiasm seems a bit over the top.

It's third period and throughout the whole morning, I felt like as if I was a zombie. If i try to remember what happened last night between us two, I seem to have a splitting headache. My make up couldn't cover the bags under my eyes, my hair hasn't been straightened properly, my outfit isn't as glorious as usual, and I couldn't concentrate properly because I didn't get proper sleep.

Leon wasn't here for the first two period.

"Where the hell have you been?"

I regret sounding like a grumpy old lady but I couldn't control it since I didn't have my beauty sleep.

"Oh, well...ummm. I was home. Took 2 more hours of sleep. Got dressed and drove here. Sadly I got a ticket for passing though 3 red lights and exceeding the speed limit. But I'm all good."

He combed his hair with his hands as he said 'I'm all good'.

I couldn't resist but roll my eyes and putting my head down. This day isn't going to turn out well.

Lunch has finally arrived. Unusual of myself, I rushed out of class as if I was stuck in jail for years an just got out. Ryan caught me as I lost control of my speed in the hallways.

"Woah there tiger. Are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine. Just need more sleep. Going to the library to do that."

"Nah. That's boring. Why not get some fresh air and a cup of coffee. Hm?"

That seems like a good idea.

"Alright."

We both head out and walked through the rose garden for fun to go to Starbucks. As we enter the rise garden. Something caught my eye.

I walked over to the gate and found a pink plastic up with accessories decorated onto it and has a white lid on top. There was also a yellow post-it sticking out of it.

'My dear Juliet aka Chelsea.

With this seaweed soup

And a cup of love

You shall be back to normal

Without that hang over feeling.

With an open heart

And empty stomach

Please eat me with a smile :)'

I couldn't help but smile at the note. Without hesitation, I took the cup and walked back to Ryan.

"Hey Ryan. Forget the coffee. I will try this."

"What is it?"

"Seaweed soup."

"Ah, Leon's favorite."

I was shocked.

"LEON'S? How would you know that?"

"I had every class with him in middle school. I remember he always brought seaweed soup for lunch as for its his favorite. I never forgot that because he was the only one in my class that always brought a weird container from home."

I looked at the container. Nice choice of container Leon. We arrived to a table of two in the rose garden. There were other high school students, but they were all couples. Most of the girls were sluts, half of the guys were players. Hall of the couples were making out or going deeper.

Ryan and I sat somewhere way too far from those low classes. Trying to erase what I just saw, I opened the container and started slurping on the seaweed soup. It actually had flavor unlike other seaweed soup, which tastes like water. I took my time on nibbling on the seaweed. Ryan didn't bother talking to me and instead looked the other way while drinking his bubble tea.

"Alright Ryan. What's up?"

"Nothing. Why do you ask?"

"1. You are way too quiet.

2. You aren't facing me for more than 2 minutes.

3. Usually you always let me have the first sip of your bubble tea but apparently you didn't today."

"Damn. What do you do, write a story on my life?"

"No. But I'm your bestie aren't I?"

"True..."

"So tell me. What's wrong?"

"Well...I just don't know what to GET you for your birthday..."

"You are worried about that? Damn...take a chill pill and relax. Just get me a bat choker and we are done."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Certainly."

He finally broke his stiff face with a laugh. The bell rung and we all rushed to school. I felt much better with the seaweed soup. I feel very much in debt towards Leon. He took care of me yesterday and today. I guess inviting him to my party won't hurt.

Class started and Leon was no where in sight. I let out a depressing sigh and started to take out my books.

My English teacher, Mr. Chester has a policy if you come to class after he closes his door, you are late.

Mr. Chester began to close the door when Leon stepped in at the small crack. Mr. Chester pointed at his watch and have him a stern warning. What Leon did was that he gave him a salute.

Leon settled next to me as class begun. I passed him a piece of paper. He looked at me as if he wasn't sure it was for him. Leon pointed at himself and I nodded.

'Thanks for the seaweed soup :)'

Leon's pen went up. He passed me the note.

'No problem. It's the least I can do since I am responsible for your life.'

My pen went up.

'Wat the hell is tht suppose to mean!?'

His pen.

'Well. Last nite I carried u home. You mumbled "my life was better b4 u came, fix it back. You are responsible for this!" So, as a buddie, I will take responsibility.'

I stood up. "WHAT!?"

"That's right Chelsea. That is the question Charles Dickens asked himself. You may sit down now."

Some people in the class giggled. I say down with a hint of embarrassment.

My own started to move with fire and sparks on the paper.

'WAT THE HELL YOU TALKIN BOUT! I WAS DRUNK! DRUNK PEOPLE TALK NONSENSE!'

His pen gently moved on the paper.

'Well too bad. I shall take responsibility. But with that, you're heart too.'

When I read that, I could feel my cheeks slowly burning up. Leon took back the paper and wrote something else.

'You're cheeks are adorable. So natural, no need for make up ;). Shall we go on a date this Saturday?'

My response.

'Are you crazy? I don't even accept you as my boyfriend, so why say that? I will never be your girlfriend.'

'Alright. How about if I put it this way. Hang out?'

'Well now that I remember, I wanted to invite you to my birthday party. Interested?'

'Sure. Deets?'

My pen slowly went up as I hesitated on what to write.

'Will text you.'

I can see Leon jump up from his seat when he got that answer.he can be adorable when he does the unexpected things.