A 'Romeo and Juliet' balcony

Several moments passed by and she didn't realize she had dozed off.

"Don't know how many times I have to-" Ismail was cut off by Laila yelping as she woke up the chair sliding from underneath her, her legs slipping from the railing and Laila landing on the wet floor that shook because of the force.

"Woah, you okay?" Ismail asked, leaning against the entrance of the balcony, just looking at her with a nonchalant manner, not offering any help.

"I'm fine," she snapped as she took hold of the railing to get up. As soon as she tried to pull herself up, the rickety railing broke loose from its support and crashed down onto Laila who was pushed down under its weight.

She cried out in pain from the fall and the force pressing down on her.

Ismail rushed out on the balcony and lifted the railing off of her. One of his foot was almost sliding out into the sky without any support.

"Ismail!" Laila shouted at him looking at his leg almost off the balcony.

"Laila just go!" he roared at her.

Quickly Laila backed away from the balcony and into the living room, not finding the strength to get up from the floor.

Ismail came in and bent down to put his arms around her back and hoisted her up from the floor.

She gripped him by his shoulders, her face not even an inch away from his chest. She didn't let go even when she was up on her feet. It felt like if she were to let go, her legs would become jelly and she would fall again. She gripped him even tighter.

"Hey, its okay, relax," Ismail murmured into her hair, also not removing his arms from around her.

They stayed like that for a while, Laila shaking but enjoying the safety Ismail's embrace offered.

Reluctantly, she loosed her grip on him and he in turn let her go.

"Sorry...," she mumbled, feeling like she was on the verge of tears. She didn't know why she was apologizing. Maybe for breaking their railing, maybe for risking his life, maybe for invading in his privacy....

Ismail didn't say anything, only looked at her as if he was waiting for her to either breakdown or break apart. Either could happen.

Suddenly, he grabbed her and held her at arms length looking up and down her body intently.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Laila mumbled as she squirmed under his intense, calculated gaze.

"I'm looking for any injuries. If you're bleeding you'll need to go to the hospital," he said as he continued to search her body for any injuries.

"Ho-hospital? No way. I can't. They'll call my parents. What will I tell them? And if they don't, how will I go to the hospital without my parents? I can't, I just can't in any situation I-" she rambled on and on only to be cut off by Ismail.

"Relax, you don't have to. I can't see any cuts or bruises. You can, um, check...everywhere when you go home," he said, visibly uncomfortable, shifting on his feet.

Laila blushed, understanding that he meant to check in places he couldn't see.

"Where are Amina and Hassan?" he asked.

Laila was thankful he hadn't reprimanded her on sitting on the balcony and breaking it. She made a mental note to pay Hassan for it.

"Upstairs on the roof," Laila said, realizing that they must be waiting for her. Or maybe not since they hadn't come down to see why she hadn't come up.

"Oh," Ismail said.

Laila didn't understand what came over her but she took a shot. Why and how she took it she couldn't comprehend.

"Do you...want to go too?"

Ismail looked at her for a couple of moments, not saying a word. Laila feared he was going to reject her invite. Why wouldn't he? Why did she expect or better yet hope for him to agree in the first place?

"Lets go," he finally replied, leaving Laila shocked.

Together the two of them walked out of the small apartment, locking the door behind. 

________________________________________________________________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT if you enjoyed! <3

Some Ismail and Laila moments for you guys! I hope you enjoyed. 

The next part will be quiet important and has only Ismail and Laila moments <3