The Lahore Fort Pt 1

"No freaking way. No way! There is simply no way I'm getting on that thing," Laila said, eyeing the motorbike in front of her with distrust.

The rider of the bike grinned amusedly at her tantrum as he strapped on his helmet and got on the bike.

"Oh God Laila, just get on the bike! Trust me you'll have so much fun!" Amina exclaimed as she excitedly hopped over to Hassan's bike.

Laila quickly strode over to Amina, grabbed her by the arm and dragged her off to the side, away from the boys.

"Amina?!" she looked at her incredulously.

"What?" Amina replied innocently, like she had no clue in the world. Laila on the other hand knew that Amina knew exactly what she was talking about.

"Amina? How the hell do you expect me to sit on that bike with him?" she exclaimed, pointing towards Ismail. 

Amina tilted her head to the side and looked at her with a mischievous glint in her eyes, an amused smile playing on her lips.

"Why Laila? What's the problem? You'll only have your hands wrapped around him. Why would there be a problem?" she laughed at the expression Laila made and once again bounded over to Hassan who was patiently waiting on his bike for her return.

Laila huffed but trudged over to Ismail as well, who had started his bike and was waiting for her, with the same amused expression on his face.

Reluctantly, Laila got on top of the bike. Her legs on either side of the bike. There was no way she would sit like a 'lady' on the bike. She would probably fall and face plant on the road. She gripped the handle on the back of the bike as if her life depended upon it. Which, it kinda did.

In front of her, Ismail was fidgeting with the straps of his helmet. He took it off and held it out for her.

He wants me to hold it for him...? Laila thought, confused. Shouldn't he be wearing it?

"You want me to hold it...? I think you should wear it," Laila said to him, leaning in a little close to reach his ear.

She was only mildly annoyed that he would want her to hold the heavy helmet all through the long journey. Only mildly.

He turned his head and looked at her sideways over his shoulder, the muscles in his neck stretching.

"I know that I should wear it. But I think it's more important for you to."

"You want me to wear it?" she asked, suddenly blushing.

"Yes."

"Um, thanks. But really you should wear it, I mean you're the one driving and what if-"

"Laila, just wear it please. And also, take your hands off the handle and put it on my shoulders," he turned towards her again and said, "I won't bite,"

With that he kick started the bike, looked at Laila again who still hadn't let go of the handle.

He huffed and maneuvered himself to reach back and grab Laila's wrist and put it on his shoulder.

Her wrist felt tingly and her face was burning.

Finally, Ismail rode the bike as they caught up with the couple ahead.

Ten minutes into the ride and after almost falling off the bike after a sudden break, Laila ended up with one arm wrapped-tightly- around Ismail's torso and one gripping his shoulder.

Laila was aware that she was very inappropriately close to him, she was also aware of the fact that her mind somehow was perceiving this closeness to be good. But she cared more about her life then she did about the closeness.

Halfway through the ride she even let go of her stiff demeanor and leaned ever so slightly into Ismails back, enjoying the feeling of safety it offered.

After a twenty minute journey, prolonged by the messy Lahore traffic, they arrived at their destination.

The Lahore Fort.

___________________________________________________________________________

I havent given up on this book at all! And i thank you all for continuing to read and support Laila! The second part will be up sooner than you expect :D 

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! Gives me a lot of encouragement 

Picture of the Lahore Fort to get you guys excited for the next part which may be the most fun chapter of the book yet!