An evening soiree

It was evening by the time Amina joined Laila in the car. She stomped her way towards the car and slammed the door on her way in, making Laila flinch. After today, Laila realized there were mny issues the girls had to resolve between themselves.

Laila was the first to begin.

"Amina I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean to do that."

"Then what did you mean to do Laila? If not appear like the conceited bitch that you've been acting like lately," Amina said, with acid in her voice.

Laila deserved that. She had been acting like a judgmental bitch around Hassan and Laila. What else could she do? That had been her coping mechanism when it came to Hassan. Their relationship still made her highly uncomfortable and being judgy was the only way she knew how to tolerate it. Sure, she had started liking Hassan but that didn't mean that what the two people were doing suddenly turned okay in Laila's eyes. Though she knew no matter the reason, her recent behavior had been wrong and know she was facing the consequences of it in the form of a very pissed off best friend.

"I'm sorry Amina," Laila said, wanting her friend to be okay with her already.

Amina looked at her and smiled.

"It's okay Laila. I know you. I have and always will know you." 

Laila turned her nose up at the stench coming from the street. The dirty, malnourished children playing on the road were splashing gutter water onto Laila's pants. Her brand new pants. She glared at the overjoyed kids, getting roars of childish, mocking laughter in return. She could feel the stares of the sleazy looking men standing on the sides of the roads, ogling her and Amina. She shivered despite the heat, wanting Hassan to hurry up and take them wherever he was planning on taking them!

A week after their visit to Hassan's place marked Amina and Hassan's three month anniversary. He had wanted to do something special for her hence had decided to take her out to a secret location that was apparently going to blow her mind away. Unfortunately but obviously, Laila had to tag along. No matter how much she loved Hassan, Amina still didn't have the courage to go on her adventurous dates alone and Laila always ended up with the couple, their constant third wheel.

After an emotionally exhausting ten minute walk from where they had parked their car, Hassan finally stopped in front of a stunning but dilapidated haveli. The haveli itself must have been three storeys high, its Mughal heritage still showing despite its state. It took half of the road they were standing on. An intricate balcony overlooked the road below, the sculptures and wood work on it miraculously still intact despite its apparent age. Decorated windows spanned the length of the large house, giving a glimpse into the derelict haveli. It was absolutely breath taking, both in a good and a terrifying way.

As much as Laila could appreciate its magnificent architecture, she was absolutely horrified at the thought of going inside a house that seemed as old and as abandoned as this one. Though she knew that was exactly what Hassan had planned.

Hassan took out an old looking key from his pocket and proceeded to open the large palatial house. He opened the rusted lock on the main door and light flooded into the cavernous main hall. Waving the dust away with her hands, Laila followed the couple into the house, knowing that offering any protest would be futile. She knew deep down, the explorer in her wanted to know just what kinds of secret this grand house held.