Go Away

"What do you want?" I question my mother.

"I just want some money and for you to live back at home." She says innocently.

"What happens if I don't?"

"I'll tell everyone about your secret identity."

"No one will believe you!"

"I've got proof."

"Really? Where?" I say skeptically.

She pulls out her camera and plays a clip. SuperLuv and I were sitting on a bench at night.

"Your house is damaged... Why don't you stay at mine for now?"

"I shouldn't, I should rent a hotel--"

"No, Scar, you're staying with me."

The video turned off. "How is that proof?" I laugh.

"He called you 'Scar,' and he mentioned that your house was damaged. If the police go there, they'll see everything. And I know for a fact that you are staying with him. I saw you making out with him this morning on his bed."

Not knowing what to do, I ran back to Shane's with my superspeed. The park was closed for the day, so no one was around to see me flashing through. I stopped in his bedroom. He turned around and gasped. "Damn, I didn't expect you." He studied my face. "What's wrong?"

"Ohhh, nothing..." I say.

"Scar, I know when something's up, now spill."

I sit on his bed and tell him the whole story. He nods his head. "So you really don't do this out of evil?" He asks.

I shake my head. "But that doesn't matter right now. All that matters is that I'm in deep shit."

He sighs. "I don't know. I don't know any solutions."

We see a shadow outside his door. As we look towards it, my mom walks through.

I stand up. "How the hell did you get in here?"

She laughed. "You didn't think that the powers just magically appeared, right?"

I gasped. "You mean---"

"Yes, I have powers to. Now come home with me, or your secret will be revealed!"

Shane step in front of me. "Leave now, or I'm calling the cops."

"Puh-lease," she chuckles, "I know all about you, too, SuperLuv."

He flashes out of the room and back in his SuperLuv costume. "Don't make me fight you." He growls.

She gets in a fighting stance. "Bring it on, emo fag!"