Shot In The Arm

I land home and almost fall against the grass. I limp over to glass door and walk into my house. My mom gasps as she sees me. "Honey! Are you okay? Your arm!!! What happened?"

I sigh. "A filthy crook." I walk into my room and throw my mask down. I dash into my bathroom and strip down. I step into the steaming hot shower water and sigh. I focus my mind and grip my arm. I push with my mind and watch the wound quickly close up. Like it never happened. I wash my hair and jump out. I throw my normal clothes on and nearly collapse on my floor. I lie on my bed and stare the ceiling.

My name is Shane. I make and post videos on YouTube, but recently, I discovered my superpowers. Ever since that day, I've been fighting crime. I've never been defeated....

Well, except for today. All because of that girl. She obviously had powers as well. The way she forced me across the room. And the way she sped out of the bank. Normally, I fight normal villains, not ones with powers.

But I swear that I will take her down one of these days. She's apparently the strongest criminal known to man. I probably will be injured and defeated multiple times, but I must protect the citizens of this city. I must be a hero.