E I G H T T E E N

''No look! This one's perfect.'' I looked at a queen size bed. It was white with a headboard. Two slide-out parts, to put my covers in. I wrote down the number and wrapped my arm around Chris' shoulders. ''Thank you for coming with me. Couldn't have done it without you.'' She was pushing the trolley which was stocked with candles and fake flowers, new bed covers, pillows, blinds, and a lamp. ''Alright, if we stay in here for much longer, we'll buy everything they have.'' I started to laugh, knowing how right she was. We made our way to the warehouse, getting my new furniture down from the shelves. I've never been happier to have a friend. It must have looked hilarious. Two weak-looking girls, pushing a bed, closets, a trolley, and other furniture around the Ikea. We finally made our way to the checkout area. It took us about 20 minutes to scan everything. But deep down I knew I had to come back soon. ''Holy shit.'' Chris looked at the price. ''Don't look, just pay.'' She pulled my hand towards the card reader, holding her hand in front of my eyes. Quickly entering my pin, the receipt started printing, making us laugh even harder. It took about 2 minutes until it was finished. ''Alright. To the van!'' I leaned over the handle of the trolley, pushing myself forwards, Chris following close behind. We rented one of the Ikea vans to get everything to apartment building. 

''Shotgun!'' Chris ran to the front seat, waiting for me to get in. I had tears streaming down my face from laughing. ''Alright. Drive-Trough?'' She smiled at me. ''I'll take that as a yes.'' As soon as we started driving out of the parking lot, my phone started ringing, luckly I connected it to the car earlier. ''It's Dani'' I smiled and told her to answer it. ''Hi babe!'' I screamed over the noise from the car. ''Where are you?'' I smiled at Chris. ''Driving home from Ikea.'' It was quiet on the other end. ''What's up?'' I closed the windows to hear him better. ''Sorry, I shouln't have called.'' I frowned at his words. ''What's wrong, Daniel.'' I looked at Chris, worried. We planned on flying over in 3 days, but hearing Daniels voice made me regret flying so late. ''I don't know. I did something stupid.'' His voice got quiet. ''Daniel, what the fuck happened?'' Chris took out her phone, showing me that she's texting Corbyn. ''I'm sorry, Y/n. I don't know how it happened. I really am sorry. I didn't mean for it to happen.'' I felt tears coming up. ''Daniel please, just talk to me. You know you can trust me, right?'' I heard movement from the other side of the line. A door. ''I'm sorry. Please believe me.'' 

The call ended and I looked at Chris. ''Pull over, I'm calling Corbyn.'' We stopped at the side of a road. In my head, everything started turning. I felt ill. Not know what's going on with Daniel. ''Corbyn, what's wrong with Daniel?'' I signed her to put the call on speaker, and she did. ''Hi Corbyn.'' ''Y/n, Hi.'' He went quiet. ''Daniel's been acting really weird the last couple of days. I think you should come earlier.'' Chris and I looked at each other. ''Where are you now?'' ''Packing for the Philippines'' I quickly took out my phone, booking the next two flight, showing it to Chris. ''Hey babe, we're flying to Thailand tonight.'' Corbyn agreed and hung up. I quickly started the car, driving to my new flat, but not before dropping Chris off at her hotel. ''I'll get you in about an hour.'' I nodded and speed home, quickly packing some clothes for the heath. 

At around 4 pm, I got a text from Chris, saying that she's downstairs in an Uber. I grabbed my bag and quickly walked downstairs. I opened the car door, after the driver packed my bag in the back of the car. ''We'll be there tomorrow morning. Tyler's going to pick us up and we'll go straight to the hotel. The boys have a day off so you'll have some time to talk to Daniel about what ever shit he's going trough.'' I thanked her. She wrapped her arm around my waist as I laid my head on her shoulder, not knowing what was going on.

14 hours. I hated flying for a long time. I got about two hours of sleep. We got off the plane and I speed walked to the luggage claim, Chris following close behind me. I usually take a look around at airports. Taking in the different designs, atmosphere, people. But this time I had only one thing on my mind; getting to Daniel. 

''We're at the airport, see you in 20.'' Chris ran up to me as I grabbed my bag. ''Corbyn called. They're staying in the Hotel until 3. After that they're leaving for the show.'' I nodded and looked at one of the clocks haning on the walls. 10 am. I was jetleged, could throw up and hungry. But remembering how Daniel sounded, I pushed my problems aside. ''You got everything?'' Chris nodded and we quickly made our way trough the boarder control and into the arriving hall. ''Y/n, Chris!'' I looked trough the crowd, seeing Tyler close to the exit. We walked up to him, both giving him a quick hug. Whilst walking to the car, Tyler filled us in on what was going on.

''First we thought he ate something bad on a night out in South Korea. Not leaving his room until we had to leave for the shows. But it didn't go away the next few days. It's been a week and he hasn't spoken to any of us if not nessersary.'' I looked at Chris who was already looking at me. We got inside a blacked out car which started driving as soon as the doors closed. I leaned forward to get closer to Tyler. ''Did anything happen in Korea? Maybe a bad incounter with a fan whilst getting drunk? I mean, I know how it is when you drink too..'' Tyler shook his head. ''He didn't even come back with us.'' My heart dropped. ''What?'' He turned his head to me. ''We left early because we wanted to go on a trip the next morning. He staid back, drinking.'' I leaned back into the black seat, Chris grabbing my hand. ''It's going to be ok, Y/n. Don't worry too much.'' She gave me a sympathetic smile, which I tried to return, but couldn't. 

The car stopped in front of a big hotel. A fountain in the front. ''I'll take the bags.'' I thanked Tyler before running inside the lobby. Tyler told me which room Daniel was in, so I ran up to the elevator, pressing the button for floor 6. It felt like it took hours before the doors finally opened up again. I looked to my left, realizing I had to walk down that side of the hallway. Walking up to the door, I finally felt some sort of peace, knowing Daniel would be behind it. I quickly knocked. It took some time, but the door finally opened up. ''Daniel.'' His face dropped as he saw me standing there in front of him. ''What are you.. How are you..?'' I smiled and gave him a hug. ''Took the first flight over. You made me worry with that call!'' I laughed a little, just to see his head drop low. ''What happened, dani?'' He opened the door for me to walk in. I took a look around the room. The blinds were closed, his bag laying on the floor, untouched. ''I'm really sorry, Y/n.''