S I X T E E N

LA. It was beautiful. I fell in love with the city after just a few days. The two weeks turned into two months. Filled with writing songs, road trips, and meeting everyone the boys knew. I fell in love with the city but started falling even harder for the reason I came here, Daniel Seavey. We went from talking at the house to going on dates and parties. Spending every free minute, we spent together. We knew, the fans would figure it out soon, but not that soon. After arriving at LAX, the first pictures dropped. Daniel and I, grabbing our backs, getting to the car, and getting dinner. It was crazy getting so much attention to which I wasn't used to before. With the help of the boys and their girlfriends, I somehow managed to handle the attention. I had to learn, not to post pictures of the place I was at, the same I was there. Not to post too much about my family and friends so they could keep their lives private. 

I, on the other hand, got swarmed by paparazzies, fans and others. Thinking about my life, sitting against a rock in the garden. The boys had an amazing house, but knowing they'd move soon, I didn't get used to get. With a guitar on my legs and note sheets laying next to me. I was writing another song for the boys. Jonah and Daniel came up to me earlier last week, showing me some lyrics for a song. The next days Daniel and I staid in his room, producing the song, but the lyrics still didn't fit. So here I was, sitting outside, the hot california sun, heathing me up. The weather didn't fit with the idea of what the boys were trying to say with the song. But thinking about it, I had a few ideas how to give the message a stronger meaning. 

Whilst humming the melody and writing down some words, I could feel a hand on my shoulder. ''You coming inside?'' I threw my head in my neck and looked up to see Daniel with wet hair dripping on my face. ''Five minutes.'' He placed a kiss on my forehead. ''Corbyn made dinner.'' I smiled and nodded. ''Just let me finish this verse.'' He smiled sat down on the rock, his legs on each site of me. ''You got any further?'' I shrugged. ''A little.'' I took the guitar and started playing the tune, Daniel and  I made. 

''Just come a little bit closer 'Cause I don't know if I know you yet. Yeah, there seems to be something new everyday

Why do I really wanna hold you? Why do I want you so bad?''

I played it as a slow song, same melody but different tempo. I sang the lyrics, knowing it's supposed to be a fast song. I stopped after the last word, looking up again to see Daniel smiling down on me. ''That's amazing.'' I thanked him, quickly writing down the lyrics before getting up. ''Let's eat.'' He took the guitar out of my hand and wrapped his free arm around my waist. 

Daniel laid the guitar on the couch before sitting down beside me. I was getting used to them doing a prayer before eating. I wasn't religious, which wasn't a problem for any of them. But during their prayers I kept quiet, out of respect. After they finished, everyone started eating, talking and laughing. ''So, when are you going back on the road?'' I took a bite of the lasagne and smiled at the boys. ''the 15th.'' I saw Jonah stuffing his mouth with the food. ''How about you?'' Zach took a sip of his water, looking at me. I shrugged. ''Actually..'' Everyone stopped what they were doing and started looking at me. I had a small smile on my lips. ''I was thinking about getting a flat. You know, with everything I have going on here. I got a steady job, thanks to you, which means a steady income.'' I felt a hand on my thigh. ''Are you serious?'' I nodded and took another bite of the food, acting like I wasn't shitting myself. ''That's amazing!'' Corbyn leaned over the table, patting my head, which he always did whenever I did something good. I ignored the fact that I felt like a dog whenever he did that and just felt appreciated. 

''So what did your mom say?'' I just smiled. ''She said she's proud but I know how happy she is that I'm finally moving out. I mean, I'm turning 20 soon.'' I heard Daniel choking on his food. ''You good?'' He laughed nervously and nodded. ''Yeah, no worries.'' I smiled. ''Right, that's what I wanted to talk to you about anyway. I got some flat viewings and wanted to ask you guys if it's possible for me to stay here and house sit as long as you're gone. I'll probably get a flat when you're back.'' They looked at me confused until Jack started laughing. ''Dude, we planned on letting you live here till the day you and Daniel move together.'' Daniel rolled his eyes and continued eating. ''So that's a yes?'' I took a sip of my water. ''Definitly.'' I smiled at Jonah and thanked all of them. ''So when's the album dropping?'' I looked around to see smiling faces. ''Last day of the tour.'' ''It's only the beginning, you know..'' I rose my eyebrows and bursted into laughter. ''Right, sorry, forgot about your Logan Paul phase.'' They laughed and we finished up eating. 

''Goodnight kids!'' I screamed from the top floor, looking at the rest of the boys sitting on the couch watching american football. Zach threw his head back and looked at me. ''Night, mom!'' The rest also mumbled a goodnight, way too focused on the game. I laughed at them and walked into daniels room. He was already in bed after the two of us brushed our teeth. ''How are the boys?'' I laid down next to him as he raised the covers. ''Watching american football.'' He laughed. ''Football.'' I turned to him with a serious expression. ''American football. You guys just want to ruin football for us.'' He smiled. ''Soccer.'' I slapped his chest before cuddeling onto it. ''My foot is connecting to your balls soon.'' Again I heard a laugh from underneath me. After it quiet down, a hand was stroking trough my hair. I forgot how nice it felt, cuddling someone. I've been in relationships before, which either ended in flames or just died down. But being with Daniel felt different. Not only because of the impact he already had on my life, but because I felt safe. Safe in his arms. Safe even if he wasn't around. His breathing slowed down and his hand started resting on my head. ''I really like you, Y/n.'' I smiled to myself. ''I really like you too, daniel.'' We both went quiet, enjoying the moment we're spending togehter, not getting tired of each other.