T W O

After 3 hours of giving people their coffee or sandwiches with the fakes smile someone could have, Mattheo tapped me on my shoulder, giving me the sign that my break has begun. 

Y/n: You need somethig mate?

Mattheo: Nah thanks, enjoy!

Right before leaving I grabbed myself a muffin and a cup of tea. I usually just sit down in the small park nearby enjoying the fresh air after standing in a small room for hours.

With a small smile I took off my apron, grabbed my bag and pushed myself past some of the costumers with my face down. The cup in my right hand, the food in my other one. The weather was beautiful for a walk which I started realizing while taking a left turn, down a small street in which I felt myself running into a wall.

Y/n: Crap.

The cup shattered on the ground with the muffin laying next to it in the dirt of the streets. I got down on my knees, trying to clean up some of the mess I've made, before looking up to see the wall I've just ran into. 

?: Fuck, sorry. Here lemme help you.

He apologised with a strong American accent.

Y/n: No problem mate.

I said and gave him a quick smile before getting back up and placing the broken cup in the trash can next to me.

Jonah: Jonah.

He gave me his hand which I shook after sort of cleaning my hands by stroking them over my trousers.

Y/n: Y/n. Nice to meet you

He gave me a sweet smile before reaching inside of his pocket, pulling out a wallet.

Jonah: Here, for the cup and..

He looked on the floor and then back at me.

Jonah: all the mess. Looked like a good muffin. 

I gave him a short snort and nod my head. 

Y/n: We make the best muffins. Keep the money.

I press his hand away from me, giving him the sign that I don't want his money. He smiled and placed it back inside of his wallett before just smiling at me. 

Y/n: It was nice meeting you Jonah. Have a good stay!

And with that I turned around walking back around the corner to get to the shop. I could hear loud steps behind me before feeling a hand on my shoulder.

Jonah: Will I see you again?

Y/n: If you buy a muffin, I might sit down with you.

And with that I started walking away from him, hoping he'd notice in which store I'm walking. The smile on my lips never left, even when I entered the hot room again. 

Y/n: I'm back!