N I N E

I felt his soft lips on mine, stopping my heartbeat. my stomach felt like someone punched me and the cheek he had his hand on was starting to head up. But I had no time to enjoy this moment because it ended as soon as it came. ''Shit. I'm sorry. I need to go.'' And without a second to think, he grabbed his guitar and left. ''what the fuck.'' I sat on the couch, my hand stroking over the cheek he had his on just moments ago. ''What the fuck!'' And these words repeated themself for the rest of the night. 

The sound of my phone woke me up. I looked at the time; 02:41 am

An Instagram notification.

I opened the app without reading any more. I was tired and my eyes burned. I placed my phone next to me for a second to adjust to the light, but then the sound of a guitar made me straighten up. It was a post by daniel. A dark room, in the background you could hear cars. This was probably taken in their tour bus. He was playing the song he showed me. And singing the lyrics I came up with. I watched the story on repeat until I noticed a different voice, a female voice. It took me some time till I realized why he tagged me. It was the recording from earlier. 

Not knowing what to do, I ignored it. If he wanted to talk to me, he should make the first step. 

Then my phone started blowing up. Notifications from every single social media I had. Even facebook, which I only had because my mom asked me to.

Everyone was going crazy. Thinking I was in the bus with them. Or that we're doing a song together. I hopped on twitter and decided to stop the rumors.

'not on the road nor a singer.'

And thankfully, they realized I wasn't lying, figuring out me and the boys only hung out because I'm one of their writers, which I definitly wasn't. But for now its better than being called a homewrecker.

My phone rang again and I saw a message from Daniel. It was an audio file. I quickly opened it and turned it on whilst walking upstairs to my room.

''falling.''

Daniels voice was soft. The guitar started playing and I heard the other boys. They were singing the song. And then the interlude came up. Daniels voice filled my room with the words I made up for him. He ended the song and I could hear the phone being moved. A deep breath. ''8 letters.'' and with that the file ended. 

I threw myself on the bed and placed my phone on my chest. Not knowing what's going on. I played the song again. And again. And with the third time I fell asleep. 

The next few days I was working double shifts. Somehow trying to distract myself. I had 3 encounters with fans of the boys, luckily only one knew who I was and after she asked me who I'm dating, she left me alone. 

Mattheo knew the whole story, of course he did. One of my only friends. And of course from now on it was the only thing we talked about. It was the 1st of June. The boys should be on their way to amsterdam as far as I'm aware. Luckily, nearly no people would come in the store, after 4 pm, so I was already wiping the tables off and sweeping the floor until I heard the door open. ''Still working?'' 

I turned around to the familiar voice behind me. ''Corbyn?'' He smiled and walked up to me where I greeted him with a hug. ''Why aren't you in Amsterdam?'' He nodded towards the table I was at and we sat down. ''We wanted to see you again.'' I laughed. ''And now the truth.'' Corbyn looked at me with a smile, knowing I won't buy that excuse. ''Well, it's not a lie, we did want to see you. But Daniel, he's a mess at the moment. We don't know if its because of the break up or..'' He looked at me and smiled softly. ''me?'' He nodded. ''Where is he?'' Corbyn nodded outside and there he was. Daniel leaned against a car, his head was turned to the side. ''He's trying to act like he doesn't care. But it's been weird. He's been listening to your part of fallin' for the past 3 days.'' I chuckled a little and got up from my seat, walking towards the entrance. I opened the door and daniels' head quickly spun around. ''Tea?'' He gave me a soft nod and I held him the door open. I took a deep breath in as he passed me. 

He sat down next to Corbyn. I was glad that he didn't leave. 

''How's it been?'' Daniel shrugged. ''The same old. I enjoy it but I don't know.'' Corbyn leaned back, his arms crossed. ''Now the truth.'' ''What's  up with you americans and british accents?'' We started laughing, even Daniel. ''Look, I'm sorry I just kissed you.'' ''You what?'' Corbyn looked at Daniel and then back to me. Both of us turning red. ''Don't apologize for that. More for the leaving part.'' He nodded. ''Right. Sorry for leaving you without a word after kissing you.'' ''You what?'' Again I had to laugh. ''Corbyn!'' Daniel slapt his arm. ''Could you..'' He nodded towards the door. And that he did. Standing up on the bench and somehow climbing over Daniel and jumping on the floor. ''See you at the hotel?'' Daniel smiled.