T E N

''so.'' ''so..'' 

That's exactly why I wanted Corbyn to be here. Now we're just quiet. No one making the first move. I looked around, noticing Mattheo watching us with a big smile. At least he's enjoying this. ''Ok, here I go.'' Daniel suddenly grabbed my hand. ''I know, 6 days ain't that long, and I definitely won't just throw you in this world that I call my life. But I do want you in it. It's weird because we basically don't know anything about each other.'' A small smile appeared on my lips. ''But would you, in any way, maybe stay in contact with us after we leave, well, with me at least?'' I don't know what or who took over me but pulling him closer by his arm, my lips crashed onto his. ''There you go!'' We stopped and looked to the counter just to see Corbyn on it and Mattheo behind it, high-fiving. ''Screw off.'' I had to laugh, so did Daniel. 

''Weird question, out of nowhere.'' I watched him fitchitging with his ring. ''After this tour we got about a two months break before we go to Asia..'' He stopped midsentence and looked at Corbyn who was trying to tell him, with his whole body, to continue. ''Would you maybe concider coming back to LA with us?'' The smile dropped off my face. ''Are you serious?'' Now his face dropped. ''I mean, yeah. It's like a vacation with your friends..'' ''Free vacation!'' I turned to Corbyn. ''You're in on this?'' His smile faded away and he turned to Mattheo, who was just told him to be quiet, interested in our conversation. ''So you want me to come to LA with you for two months?'' Daniel shrugged. ''Yeah.'' I should feel my legs starting to shake. I've been abroad before, but never the US nor without my mother or a close friend. I knew these boys for nearly a week, which wasn't a lot. And now they want me to join them on their journey back home. ''And you're serious about this?'' Daniel lifted his head. ''Yeah.'' Knowing me, I already knew my answer. 

''I can't. I'm sorry.'' You could see the tears forming in Daniels eyes. His body looked like it fell together and I've never felt worse. ''Look, I would love to join you for a few weeks, but two months? I've got a job which I can't just leave. I have my mother who won't be all too happy to see me leave with a boy I've known for a week. I want to get to know you. I want this to go further than just being friends, but I just cannot drop everything and-'' I saw Mattheo next to the table. My hands wrapped around Daniels.

''Not trying to disturb, but Bruno knows. His daughter would cover you for the time. And your mom, well, you know me.'' 

I could see him smirk a little. ''Are you kidding me?'' I somehow felt betrayed but glad at the same time. ''How about you join us for two weeks. If you want to leave, I will personally book you a first class flight home.'' Now Corbyn stood with us as well. ''Oh come on now.'' I felt Mattheos' hand on my shoulder, daniels grip around my hand and Corbyns eyes on me. ''Two weeks.'' I gave in. ''And if I want to leave, I'll leave.'' I could see three bright smiles. ''Oh you will love LA.'' I turned to Daniel and smiled. ''I hope so..''

I said my goodbyes to Bruno and my other coworkers. Mattheo told me he'd give me a lift home. ''You ever think about how fucking weird it is?'' He took a quick glance at me. ''Why?'' I grabbed the seatbelt, just to have something in my hand whilst he continued driving down the street. ''Look at me. One week ago I was a nobody. Only wishing for a university to accept me. Now I'm known by 13 year olds because they think I'm fucking their 'husbands'.'' Mattheo laughed. ''Well, you should use this fame for as long as it's there.'' I looked at him confused. ''I know you thought about it.'' I had to laugh. He wasn't wrong. Everyone in our generation had the dream to become famous and start a youtbe channel. Most of us even tried it, but got maybe 6 views. Won't say I did it, but I couldn't deny it either. ''Just post one of your songs and see where it goes.'' I hated Mattheo. I hated him for always knowing what to do.

He pulled over and stopped in front of my flat. ''I hate you.'' And with that I got out of the car, blowing him a kiss. ''You too.'' I walked up to the front door and walked upstairs, not knowing how to explain all of this to my mother or what Mattheo told her. I opened the door, placed my key on the kitchen table and walked up to the couch on which she was sitting. ''Mom?'' She gave me a smile and turned off the TV. ''So, LA?'' I smiled a little. ''Only if it's really ok with you. I can just stay here.'' She shook her head. ''You've got an opportunity that not many get. Just see what it's like. You know, no matter what, I'll be here with open arms.'' I leaned down and gave her a big hug. ''Two weeks. I told them I'd be there for two weeks. If I don't like it, I'll leave.'' She nodded. ''You'll love it.'

After our talk, I went to my room. I didn't know why, but I sat down at my Keyboard, just playing a tune I've had flying around in my head. Words started to stumble out of my mouth, making lyrics. ''Oh fuck it.'' I placed my phone on the stand, pressed record and let everything out. 

''I  met him on a monday, evening, he was standing inside a coffee shop. And thought 'Hey boy, where you been been looking for a man like you for all my life' 

And he said 'Hey there, talk to me, before I have to leave. And maybe one day, we could be, maybe more than two lost souls just passing by.' 

Knew I was falling, when I looked inside your eyes. He said 'I know you are, but what am I?'  ''

My fingers stopped moving and I looked at the wall with a soft smile on my lips.

''LA here, you're not ready.''