E I G H T

The concert ended about an hour ago. I waited in the room we were in earlier. Jonah told me to wait here, they'd shower and change and join me afterward. Eben and I sat on one of the couches, Josephine on the other one. She's been quiet for a while, which made me feel sort of bad. But after Eben told me what kind of a person she was, that feeling quickly left. 

''And?'' I turned around to see Daniel with wet hair walking through the door. He was wearing black jeans with a white tank top over it, making it hard for me not to stare. ''huh?'' He smiled a little until he saw Josephine sitting there with her arms crossed. ''What's wrong now?'' He sat down next to her, which made my stomach turn. But shortly after him, the other boys came inside making me look away from the couple across me. ''You were amazing.'' I got up, hugging Jonah. I looked up and could see Daniel watching us, which made me end the embrase. ''All of you!'' They sat down, Jonah on the arm of the couch so I could sit back down on my place. ''thank you for coming. Felt good having a friend here.'' I gave Jack a smile. ''Friend?'' Her voice made me cringe. ''Yeah.'' Zach gave her quick glance. ''You've known her for what, a day?'' Jonah chuckled. ''Daniel knew you for two weeks before you dragged him into this thing you're having.'' not even Daniel could hold back a small giggle. ''I didn't drag him into anything. Don't think no one noticed you and Y/ns little flirt on stage.'' Daniel looked at me and then Jonah. ''Our what now?'' She laughed and look me dead in the eyes. ''You're just some cloud chaser, ain't you?'' Now I was the one laughing. ''Listen here, mate. Don't know what the thing with you and Daniel is. But do not drag me into this for pure drama.'' Josephine stood up, and I did the same. ''Look who found her voice, mate.'' I stepped closer to her. ''You ain't shit, missy.'' I saw her taking a step back and turned around, taking my purse and smiling at Eben. 

''Y/n!''

Not turning around I walked trough the hallway, towards the door I came trough earlier the day. ''Come on, Y/n.'' With a hand on the handle I turned around to face daniel. Is still wet hair dripped down his face. ''I'm sorry about Josephine.'' I had to laugh. ''Don't you apologize. But I'm the one thats sorry.'' He looked at me confused. ''why?'' Opening the door, you could hear screams from the fans. ''Having to endure someone like that.'' I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head. Walking trough the door, I saw the same guard from earlier. ''Enjoyed the show?'' I gave him a quick nod and he helped me trough the crowd. Luckily no one gave me their attention. I looked back and saw Daniel standing in the doorway, watching me leave.

I took out my phone and ordered a pizza. Knowing I'd be home soon I'd have enoug time to change into some comfortable clothes before it'll arrive. 

'next stop, park loyal' slowly getting off my seat, I turned the volume of my music up. I stood in front of the door, scrolling trough my twitter timeline.

'Y/n was at tonights concert. She was spotted backstage and before the show. Some fans say that she left quickly after the concert. Personally I think there was some drama because of what happened on stage with her, jonah and daniel.' 

The comments were filled with either hate or shipping comments. But surprisingly, most of the hate was towards Josephine. She wasn't much liked in the community. I laughed a little and liked a comment saying 'finally some action' before putting my phone back in my pocket. Just some minutes later I arrived at home and did what I planned, changing and turning on the TV in my room, just for the doorbell to ring. Knowing my mother wouldn't be home till late at night, I opened the door in hope to finally get some food insde of me.

Not much later, I could hear heavy steps coming up the stairs. But when I saw the person who I hoped would be the delivery driver, I was disappointed. ''Daniel?'' He gave me a soft smile and stopped in front of me, catching his breath and leaning a guitar against the wall. ''Why would you move into a flat on the third floor?'' I laughed a little. ''Daily workout.'' He nodded and looked at me quietly. ''How did you find-..'' ''Don't even ask.'' ''Why not.'' ''Cause you'll think I'm a stalker.'' I laughed and heard the doorbell ring again. ''That must be my food.'' Buzzing them up. 

''Come inside.'' I walked inside, placing the pizza on the kitchen counter sitting next to it. Daniel closed the door behind him. He walked up to the counter and stood in front of me. ''Saw a picture of the view from your room. I asked around if anyone knew the surroundings and eventually someone did.'' I couldn't help myself and bursted into laughter. ''You could've just asked.'' He hummed as an answer. ''Couch?'' He nodded. We walked up to the living room and sat on the couch. Daniel placed his guitar next to him and watched me placing the pizza on the table in front of me. ''So?'' He took his guitar. ''I want to play you something. It's just something I was thinkinh about. Defintily not finished. And I have to talk to the boys before-..'' I placed my hand on his leg making him stop from stumbling over his words. ''I'd love to hear you unfinished-not shown to the boys- song.'' I gave him a smile and he sat closer to the edge of the couch, placing his phone on the table to record the song and started playing something.

''Girls like you, they just don't understand. Didn't mean harm but you killed a man. Loving you never was in the plan. Stuck in your waves, I sink in your sand'

He started humming and saying random words. Probably not knowing what to sing.

''Can't you see that I'm fallin'? Fallin' for you..''

The humming began again.

''Can't you see that I'm honest, and I want this.''

He continued playing for a little until he let the guitar slip next to the couch. His eyes focused on the ground. ''Can you play the last part again?'' Confused he started playing the interlude again, focusing on the instrument. 

''In my dreams, in my hopes, In my mind, they remind me of you.''

His head shoot up, a small spark in the deep blue making it look like stars in the day sky.

''Should've left when I could, can't get out, I don't know what to do. Can't you see that I'm fallin'..''

He stopped and looked at me in awe. ''you can sing.'' I laughed. ''I can sing.'' Placing the guitar behind him he came closer. ''You can write.'' ''Meh, that not so much.'' I laughed which got stuck in my throat as he came even closer. ''Y/n, you can write. Can I use that?'' I nodded without breaking eye contact. ''Thank you.'' His voice got quieter, and he laid his hand on my cheek. My eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips and back. Not knowing what to do, I grabbed my pizza and started eating. ''Anyway, stalker. What happened after I left that made you go all sherlock ?'' He coughed and leaned back. Both of us turning our head towards the other.  ''Broke up with Josephine.'' Now I was the one coughing, no, choking. After I finally caught my breath I looked at him with a red face. ''What?'' He shrugged and looked at the ceiling. ''You were right. I don't want to endure her act anymore.'' I had to chuckle had his bad british accent. ''I'm sorry.'' He turned his head and smiled. ''I'm not.''