Chapter 44: Newly Born

Start from the beginning

"Jaida you know we can talk about anything."

I try to gather my thoughts, but instead it blurts out.

"I wanna relationship like you and Orlando's. I'm tired of these dudes like for real for real. I'm tired of wasting my time on them."

"J you don't know how long it took me to get into this relationship. I've had a fair share of past relationships that didn't go to plan. I've been promised the world and other materialistic things. I'm cursed with a good heart. I've had my heartbreaks. One told me we needed a break so he could get his stuff together. Then he posted his new chick minutes after we were officially on break. A few days later he has the audacity to ask if over break is over. Another time is when I thought I found Mr. Right. He was perfect at least I thought he was. He could sing, dance, dress, etc. He kept going ghost on me and leaving me on read. He would only hit me up when it was convenient for him. He was just like the rest of the ones that told me that they would marry me. Look at my left hand. Do you see a wedding ring? When you in the dating cycle you can't judge the new one based on past experiences. If you feel like you're gonna do that then take time off before you get back on the dating horse. For a while I thought God was punishing me. I would lay on my bed curled up in a ball crying asking him why he was doing this to me. I really didn't have no one I could turn to when it came down to relationship advice because everyone comes to me for advice. I kept praying, crying in the shower, and having sleepless nights. Then it dawned on me he wasn't punishing me he was preparing me for whenever I do get a husband. Long story short if it's meant for you and Ryan to get back together then you will. Don't be weary over situations you can't control."

"Nice conversation to have early in the morning."

"Jaida it's nine in the morning."

"Dang Toya you was talking for that long?!"

"You tried it!"

"Come on let's eat breakfast. Then we need to go our hair and nails so we can slay today."

RJ
When I go downstairs I slide into the kitchen. I see my dad and my mom cooking breakfast just like they use to. She was standing in front of the stove and he was standing behind her. She over here giggling like she in high school. I love to see her smile and laugh. I watch them for a little minute before my ma turns around.

"Good morning baby. Are you ready for your big day?"

"I'm ready to get out this...b...school."

"Yeah you better watch that mouth."

She mouths "nice save." My dad looks at me I can tell by the way his mouth is forming he doesn't know what to say. I go ahead and take the first step.

"Good morning dad. When is breakfast gonna be ready?"

Mama bear smiles at me and I know I did the right thing. I didn't do it for myself I did it for my ma, Orlando, La'Toya, and the rest of the Legacy family. I can't be the better version of myself if I can't get over the past. My dad's whole demeanor changed. He stood up taller and with more confidence.

"We should have breakfast ready any minute now."

While I'm waiting I set the table. Dad fixed the plates and then he said the prayer. In between the bites and conversations it felt great. I missed him almost as much as my mom did. I wanna know what kind of missions he had and took. Time was passing by and I picked up the dishes. I start to wash them when my dad offered to dry them.

"Son I know I haven't always been here, but I am now."

"I know dad."

I drain the water.