Chapter 34: Discussion

Jayla
No one is left in the room except for me and Big Mama.

"Look Big Mama... I really need to get some work finished and sorted. I have to fix this situation."

"Jayla honey you keep on you gon run yourself ragged. Do you really think what you did was the right choice? Didn't you see how it worked out last time when the children didn't really know what was going on? I would think you would try to progress instead of digress. We don't need to leave the children out this time. It's okay to admit the load is too heavy that's what family is for. You need time to grieve..."

"No! My husband is not dead! That's just one of Kayla's tricks! I can't believe you thought that was real. Wow and I'll think about it later. Now if you'll excuse yourself I need to start my planning."

Before I could turn Big Mama slapped the fire from me. 

"You betta check ya self before you wreck yourself."

She left out and I could finally process everything in peace. That was until Jojo peeked into the room.

"Yes what is it Jojo?"

"I got something I need to show you."

"Well come on in."

She shuffles toward me and shows me her phone.

"What is this?"

"Well when I was looking for Orlando's girl I didn't know where to look. So I went into the attic and saw all this. So I said to myself that I shouldn't pass up this so I started taking pictures. This is his plans and everything else I saw. I thought this would be useful."

Big Mama ain't lying maybe it's time for the children to be more active.

"Okay Jojo send the pics to my work phone and exit."

"Yes ma'am."

I gotta a lot to consider the gains and losses that will happen if I go through having the kids help us. At the same time I gotta know if they are prepared for stuff like this.

TJ
"RJ you remember when you posted that thing on your social media looking for that girl. Wasn't she the one with Ryan?"

"TJ! Aww snap."

"What?"

"He the one that slid up on it and I dropped that 5k on him."

"That can't be too bad tho."

"It can be if my snap location on!"

"Well you better fix it."

"What you think I'm tryna do?"

I watch RJ over here frantically opening snap waiting for it to load. He sighs and looks down.

"Well was it on?"

"Yeah it was. You know if he.. looks at it gives a notification if you go somewhere. I switched it to ghost mode. We just gotta hope and pray that he didn't think about it."

"Don't Aunt Jayla go that thing to where it blocks everything from having our location when you in a certain range of the safe house?"

"You right. I'm tripping."

"We better head home and get ready for school tomorrow. This Sunday has been the most eventful day I ever had."

"Catch you later TJ."

"Bye."

I get in my car and I can't shake this uneasy feeling. I know this is far from over, but I just can't push it outta my thoughts. I find myself straying away from the way to my house. When I turn off the engine I find myself in front of Rylee's apartment.

La'Toya
I'm in a daze. He was looking just fine not too long ago. He told me he was straight. How'd he go from being okay to now fighting for his life? I don't understand this. All of the people that followed us to the safe house was now leaving. The woman they call Big Mama comes up to me.

"You are pretty as a peach. I can tell there's more to you than just your looks. You look a little confused. Don't worry baby you're on the right side. Everything will make sense once this is over. Now come on let's go see Orlando."

"Thank you."

She helped me up out of my chair and we go into the room Orlando is in.

"Orlando wouldn't leave you even if his life depended on it. Remember that."

Big Mama leaves and closes the door. Doc is making sure the monitors are set up and running smoothly.

"Doc is he gonna make it?"

"I would hope so or that's my a..."

I follow his eyes and see that Orlando's mom walked in. I focus my eyes on Orlando.

"Your majesty."

Doc bows down to her. They doing too much to be honest.

"Report!"

"He should wake up in a few hours."

"Leave."

Doc left me and Orlando's mom in the room by ourselves. Her eyes soften when she laid them on her son.

"You need to head on home. You have school tomorrow....."

"What home? I'm not leaving him. I will be here when he wakes up."

I had nothing else to say to her at all. She didn't protest she quickly smiled to herself.

"You remind me of myself. Those were the good old days. You seem wise beyond your years and I want you to help me come to a decision."

Now this is the woman that just said at the meeting I wasn't family. Now she turned around and asking for my opinion okay. Imma do right.

"Sure."

"Well I want to know if you think bringing the kids into the whole thing would be a good idea. For you being future queen you'll have to make tough decisions all the time. This is your first test."

"Okay well I will say that they did a wonderful job when they came down to Ryan's. From what I saw nobody had a scratch except... Anyways since they are the future of Legacy I say we do half and half. That way if the plan goes left then we have people to keep the Legacy blood line going on no matter what."