Chapter Twenty: Chase Brody

You sighed and jerked Anti back by the collar of his shirt. The man stood up and grabbed his cap off the ground, positioning it lopsidedly on his head. His hands were shaking and his eyes held fear. Anti didn't take any notice in what you did and lunged at the man again. "Anti, Anti!" You jerked him back again, barely holding him back. You stepped in front of him and the man and looked Anti in the eyes. He seemed to have just realized you were there with him as he finally looks at you.

"Anti.." You said calmly. "Remember why we're here." Anti scowls before jerking your hand away from his shirt collar, smoothing out the creases. He takes a deep breath and his eyes slowly fade back into the calming blue that is Jack's eye color. Anti walks away from the two of you and runs a hand through his green hair, taking a moment to himself as Anti's look-alike introduces himself to you. "Hiya, I'm Chase Brody. Nice to meet you, bro!" His fear seemed to have melted away as he looked to you. 

You held out your hand to him to shake and he looked at it funnily, like he didn't know what to do with it. You were about to ask what was wrong when Chase pulled you in for a bear hug. You winced at the sudden embrace, but pat his back. He pulls away, satisfied. "You're not much of a hugger are you?" He asked. You shake your head and offer him a fake smile. He seemed to buy it and smiles at you as well. "So what brings you here, bro?" You half shrug. "I'm trying to get my soul back from Dark.. or well, Anti is." You replied, motioning to the slightly still pissed off Anti pacing back and forth.

"You're traveling with that dude?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in amusement. "You must have some pretty dull moments. Anti isn't much of a.. fun person to be around." He looks over to Anti to see if he's listening, Anti's head turned slightly and he smiles at Chase creepily out of the corner of his eyes. Chase shivers under Anti's amused and pissed off smile. "A-Anyway.. mind if I come with you two? It's been a while since anything interesting has happened." Chase gives you pleading eyes and for some reason his look tugs at your heart strings. You give him a genuine smile and nod your head rapidly, before Anti could interject. 

                                                                                           . . .

"So you're saying that ALL the egos live here? Including the fan-made ones?" Chase nods his head and smiles. "So.. Schneep?" You asked curiously. Chase nodded again. You chuckled a bit. Schneeplestein was by far your favorite ego, besides Anti and Marvin. "So.. Chase, why are you out here alone? There are monsters out there you know." You looked over to him and saw that he had a tear slowly making it's way down his cheek. "I lost Robbie when a Titan attacked." You slow to a stop and turn to Anti. He and Chase stop as well. 

Anti gives you a look of realization as he knows what you want to try and lecture him into. "We need to save Robbie." You finally said. Anti scowls and shakes his head. "Hell no! I already have two asses on this journey, I'm not taking on another." You chuckle at his words. "Come on, Anti." You give him the puppy dog eyes and he rolls his eyes. "No." 

You bat your eyelashes as well and he folds his arms, huffing in annoyance. "(Y/N), no." Your staring intensifies and he finally shakes his head and agrees. "Thank you, Anti." You kissed his cheek and Chase stared at you in astonishment. You shrugged and Anti sighed, walking back into the other direction as Chase gives him directions on where he lost him. 

                                                                                          . . .

You soon come to a clearing in the veiny trees. Three globs of tar rest in a circle, Robbie in the middle of them. The zombie is curled up into a ball, crying softly. Chase reaches his hand out but you grab him and put your finger to your lips, silencing him. Anti slowly makes his way to the tar puddles and they immediately form into five feet tall green veined monsters. The first one lunged at Anti and he reached through the tar monster, pulling out a green stone. The tar monster slumps back into puddle. 

The other two advance onto him, glitching in and out of existence. Anti rushes the second one and it glitches behind him, scratching him with it's long claws. Anti arches his back in pain and whirs around, cutting off the monsters hand. The monster takes no notice of it and the tar slithers back up on the monster and forms another hand. The monsters teeth gnash and snarl as it hisses at Anti. The monster tricks Anti into thinking it's going to claw him again then glitching behind him and latching itself onto his back, biting into his shoulder. Anti drops to his knees and some of the tar from the monster snakes it's way into his mouth as Anti screams. 

He coughs and shakily gets to his feet, stabbing at the monster with his knife. He reaches behind him and tries to grab it. The monster hisses and bites Anti's exposed forearm. Anti screeches again and slashes at the monsters head. 

The monsters body forms a puddle and stretches around Anti's form, trying to suffocate him. Some of the black liquid seeps into Anti's mouth again and he gags and chokes, trying to throw it back up, but to know avail. The other monsters sees this as an opportunity to jump in and slashes Anti's front side as he's distracted, keeping it's distance from his knife. Anti falls to his knees once again and Chase jumps, biting his nonexistent nails. Anti hangs his head in exhaustion and the one his back puts it's clawed hands on Anti's face while the one in front of him holds his head up. 

The tar from the monster seeps into Anti's eye sockets, nose and mouth. Anti's eyes roll back into his head as he goes limp in the creatures grasp. You yelp and throw a metal branch at the creatures without thinking. The one on Anti's back screeches and forms a puddle around Anti's feet, slithering into the darkness. The rest of the inky darkness on Anti's face from the creature that was on his back seeps into his skin. Anti convulsed on the ground for a few seconds before he went limp again.

The creature in front of him turns to you and smiles evilly. It forms a neon green and black puddle and slithers it's way toward you, but before it could fully form, it fell to the ground with a splat. Anti was standing behind it with a stone in his hands. He clenched his fist around the stone and it shattered into a million pieces. His eyes were an inky black with green irises. You'd never seen him like this before but you'd read it in the fanfictions. 

Smoky dark green tendrils withered around him and disappeared as soon as they formed. His eyes dissolved back to blue and he held his hand out for you to take. You took his hand gratefully and he smirks at you. "Thanks.." You turn your head to the side curiously. "For what?" You asked. He scowled. "Whatever you did to get them to release me." He replied.