"Keep your back to the wind!" - Chapter 11

⊱ ♫ ────── ⋆Jaebeom⋆ ────── ♫ ⊰

Sleep eluded me for several hours. Since my mind was running sixty miles an hour, I figured I would make the most of the time and grabbed my lap top and started jotting down objectives as they came to mind. I would have to reorder them based on priority later, but I didn't want to forget anything.

Things I want to accomplish in the next three weeks in addition to my English training, dance practice, and basic composition efforts:

· Teach Sharay the basics of Korean

· Find out more about how TJ and Sam kept their relationship going while apart

· Reassure Sharay our friendship was not limited to the weeks I was here

· Collaboration on at least one song with Nate

· Learn how to windsurf from TJ

· Paintball with the Chu's

· Play some more games with Daniel

I also started a few notes on how to teach Sharay Korean:

· Begin with Hangul writing

· Sentence structure

· Honorifics

· Present tense

· Past tense

· Future tense

· Vocabulary goals per day

I started watching a YouTube video on windsurfing and quickly shut it off, knowing that if TJ's method for instructing English was anything to go by, her windsurfing instructions would be dramatically different as well and I was probably wasting my time.

By 2 am I was getting a little tired, but chanced catching one of the guys between schedules. I was fortunate and Jinyoung answered.

"Hyung!" he said as he answered the snap chat. "We have really missed you. How are things going?"

He asked this last part as if he suspected something. I assume he'd tried getting Mark to talk but had been unsuccessful.

"I'm doing great. What are you all up to today? I didn't check your schedule before calling though like I should have."

"Jackson is working on a project in Hong Kong, Bambam is visiting his mom for a couple of days and Yugyeom has gone with him. Youngjae has been visiting the dorm a lot as his mom is still 'visiting' them and it's driving him crazy. Mark and I have been working on a new project we hope to pass buy you when you get back. I was picked for another drama and we start the script reading tonight. I'm the lead this time. We're pre-filming it all and should have it completed shortly after you get back, so we can work on our comeback without too much interruption other than a few events to help promote it. Have you been doing any composing at all? I feel so out of the loop not knowing what you're up to."

"Wow really? Another drama?" I deflected from his attempted to get information from me. "That's fabulous Jinyoung-ah. I'm so proud of you," I said quite thrilled at his news but saddened that I wasn't aware what had been going on in his life. "I'm sorry I've been lousy about keeping in touch with you all. I promise I'll do better," I offered, thinking this could be a practice run for trying to keep in touch with Sharay when I returned to Korea.

"Well, we have missed you, but you're busy and we get that. Frankly, what I miss the most is your leadership skills. There have been a few times when we could have benefited from you being here. Youngjae and Yugyeom really went at it once and I'm still not sure they resolved it. Also, I really would like your input on some songs we've all written for the comeback. I'd rather not have JYP dictate how things should go without you being here to advocate for us. You know how he can be sometimes."