Twin CATS and Twisters - Chapter 13

⊱ ♫ ────── ⋆Jaebeom⋆ ────── ♫ ⊰

I was rooted to the spot where Sharay left me. I watched her drive off and felt a hollow pit in my stomach. Finally realizing that time was passing, I took off for the terminal, but this time with a bit more of a bounce to my step. I was her best friend!

I breezed through security and found a Starbucks where I could grab a coffee. Sitting down near my departure gate, I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my photos. Daniel had taken some photos of Sharay and me windsurfing with my phone, including a few close ups of Sharay as she approached the shore.

I sat there smiling at how thoughtful and scary smart that kid was. Daniel had been able to unlock my phone after only a few tries. He probably would have done it on the first go, but said he took longer as he had forgotten at first that in Korea dates are written with the day first and the month second. How he knew I had changed my password to Sharay's birthday I'll never know.

It didn't seem long before they announced boarding for First Class. Once on the plane I quickly opened my newly established Facebook account and messaged Sharay telling her the plane was getting ready to take off.

I started typing:

//Getting ready to take off. How come I can still feel you pressing against my back and your arms wrapped around me?//

I read it before pressing send and I quickly deleted the last part and changed it to:

//Getting ready to take off. See you in a week. Your BFF!//

The flight to Dallas was uneventful. I hardly got any looks, and the ones I did were more because the novelty of seeing an Asian in Florida where there weren't too many.

I already had my boarding card for the flight to Seoul, so I didn't have to go anywhere near the Korean Air ticket counter, which I reasoned was a good thing. I decided staying in the national terminal as long as possible would decrease the chances of being identified so headed over to the Chick-Fil-A to grab a frosted coffee. Like TJ, I could easily become addicted to those things, but at the moment I was thinking one would go great with a blue chocolate chip cookie.

In preparation for the flight, I had chosen to go fresh faced with the exception of a little make up to cover up my very unique and identifying double moles over my left eye

In preparation for the flight, I had chosen to go fresh faced with the exception of a little make up to cover up my very unique and identifying double moles over my left eye. Turns out this was a rather brilliant move on my part when two girls walked past and the younger, who was about 10, spotted me.

"Aunt Donna, look!" she cried to the other girl who was probably in her early twenties. "It's JB of GOT7!"

"Don't be silly, Jane. He can't be here. JYP Entertainment sent out a tweet this morning saying they were all preparing for a special awards ceremony that was taking place in Seoul this Friday. You just think every Asian is your bias,' rebuked the aunt.

"No. You're wrong! I'd know JB anywhere and it's him," the little girl insisted.

"Dream on," said Donna. "Look, Jane. Stay put. I have to use the restroom. And when I say stay put. I mean don't budge an inch. I'll be right back." And with that the older of the two stood up and went in search of the nearest restroom.