Kitty Cam - Chapter 37

⊱ ♫ ────── ⋆Jaebeom⋆ ────── ♫ ⊰

I was nervous waiting for Sharay to return to the room. I wished I'd installed cameras in the common area of the flat, but reasoned that she probably needed a break from my scrutiny. For fifteen minutes I paced in Jinyoung's room, restraining myself from going right out and meeting with her only because I knew she needed to read the next entry and see the video tape before I approached her. While she was gone, I heard the central heating in the place kick on.

Finally, the door opened and she reentered. Without a glance towards the camera she sat back down at my desk but not before removing her jacket. With her back to me, she bent her head and continued reading.

It was at times like this that I was thankful that Sharay was an avid and fast reader. She seemed to be reading at her regular pace, or at least close to it, which meant she wouldn't take much longer. I was very glad that she wasn't a slow reader like Jinyoung, who savored each and every word in a painstaking way, or Yugyeom who seemed all but illiterate at times. Even so, I lamented that I'd written in such detail, as I was anxious to have her finish. Guess I only had myself to blame though.

¤○•° Sharay °•○¤

The break was exactly what I needed. I'd calmed down quite a bit having read a couple of the entries in Jaebeom's journal. To say I'd been flustered by knowing he was the one who manipulated my being here and that he was watching me on the kitty cam had really thrown me off kilter.

With a bit more ease about the situation, I was able to reason and took the time to head over to the thermostat controls. Though the temperature gauge read that it wasn't that cold in the flat, I was still feeling chilled. 'Probably a little shock' I reasoned to myself as I turned up the thermostat so I could warm up a bit. I'd just have to remember to reset it before leaving or their bill would be very high and they'd be sweating like all get out when they got home!

Returning to the room after a bit, I resisted the temptation to look up at the kitty cam. It's not like it was a two-way camera, so I had nothing to gain by it. Childishly, I wanted Jaebeom to be in the dark about what I was thinking, even if for just a short while. I knew my facial expressions would be a dead giveaway of my feelings, so chose to deprive him of that - for the time being.

Before sitting back down at Jaebeom's desk, I peeled off my coat, trusting the heater would do its job and warm the place up soon. Settling back in, I turned to the next tab.

 Settling back in, I turned to the next tab

December 6

It felt weird not writing to you yesterday, but I was a bit thrown for a loop by encountering you near the elevators at the company.

Running into you like that really messed up my plans. Ending up yelling at you and getting admitted to the hospital was not what I'd had in mind either. I'd hoped to show up at your place on our one-year anniversary and tell you how much I love you and that I never stopped, but after how I yelled at you, I seriously doubt you would opened the door for me. Meeting you in another location would be useless as well. The minute you saw me, you'd probably bolt. So, here I am writing this hoping to soften your heart and ease your fears enough that you'll give me a chance to meet you face to face.