Magical Road Trip - Chapter 15

⊱ ♫ ────── ⋆Jaebeom⋆ ────── ♫ ⊰

Getting up in a half daze and very jet lagged, I walked to the bathroom to clean up. In my haze, I had forgotten that the door from the bathroom to Sharay's room was open.

"Excuse me! Do you mind?" I heard Sharay ask with a muffled voice due to the pillow over her head.

"Sorry. I forgot the door was open. My bad," I offered, as I rapidly closed the bathroom door that led to her room. Okay, that was embarrassing. At least I hadn't turned the light on so the room was dim. I mean, I'm pretty fit, but there's something very personal and revealing about being in your underwear, especially right after waking up. And I had on my navy blue boxer briefs that were rather formfitting. I could only hope Sharay had been quick about putting that pillow over her head. I'd have to plan better for tomorrow morning.

Since we had a ton of things to do around the house, we ate quickly then headed to church. Though it was nice to be back on the weekend I thought I would be absent, I have to confess that the AC was something most of us were thankful for. Because of the hurricane, a number of people had evacuated, so Rick was down a few people. He snagged me and asked if I could join the worship team. He was planning on songs I already knew, so I happily assisted.

The rest of the day was spent clearing debris from around the house and assisting some of the elderly neighbors with their needs. Come night, we were all hot and thankful for a dip in the pool to cool down.

"Come on, Jaebeom!" shouted Daniel, who was already in the pool. "Jump in!"

I headed to the deep end and did a cannonball, splashing water everywhere as I landed. Lunk barked furiously. He loved it when water splashed, but refused to get in the pool.

Sharay joined us at the pool's edge and dove in, barely making a splash at all.

"Come on!?" Daniel begged. "Let's play Marco Polo."

After a round or two, I was getting a bit waterlogged. Sharay could swim circles around a fish, she was so good. Daniel, on the other hand, splashed and made so much noise he was easy to trap, even with my eyes closed.

There was one time though when I snagged Sharay, thinking it was Daniel. When I caught her, my hands gripped her waist on either side. My eyes popped open and I stood there holding her in the water. She was mere inches away and I couldn't break eye contact. Her eyes were their beautiful green, with droplets of water pearling on her lashes.

Shaking my head to free myself from what felt like a spell, I gently spun and set her down on the bench built into the side of the pool and reluctantly release my grip on her sides. The whole time, Sharay remained silent, only returned my look.

"Dinner will be ready in a few," called TJ, interrupting my thoughts. "Come on out of the pool and let's eat. You all must be starving."

Over dinner of BBQ pizza (yes there really is a way to grill a pizza) we planned our road trip to Orlando. We were going to head out early so we could make it to the park close to opening time. TJ had already booked a suite for us at the Cabana Bay Resort where would be stay after the park closed.

The first day we were scheduled to go to Magic Kingdom. Though it was geared more towards littler kids, I really wanted to check out Pirates of the Caribbean and some of the Mickey Mouse and other classic Disney things that I remembered from my childhood. Also, I knew that Sharay was a big Winnie the Pooh fan and Daniel had seemed so excited about going to Space Mountain.

Sleeping Sunday night was as hot and sticky as it had been the night before, but this time I made sure to have a pair of shorts handy for the morning. I wasn't going to repeat being over exposed again.