A Late Night Run - Chapter 26

⊱ ♫ ────── ⋆Jaebeom⋆ ────── ♫ ⊰

Deep down I had truly believed the guys would agree to let me announce that I was dating. I guess I really hadn't envisioned otherwise. I'd reluctantly seen the logic behind Sharay's third option, but I guess it never really sunk in that it would be needed until Jinyoung's announcement.

As I turned and saw the stairwell door closing behind Sharay, the reality of what just happened finally set in. Finally my body was reanimated. Instead of the stupor in which I had found myself, allowing Sharay to place her ring and necklace in my hand and watch her dart off, my body was in full reaction mode. I needed to get to her. We needed to find another solution. I just couldn't accept this option or the ones of breaking my promise to the fans or breaching the trust of my best friends.

I stumbled as I struggled to my feet, attempting to follow Sharay. That's when I felt 6 pairs of strong hands holding me in place.

"Jaebeom, wait!" Mark was saying, though it sounded far off.

"No!" I heard myself say in a thick strangled cry. "She's still my best friend and she's hurting. I have to get to her. She can't be alone. Not now. There has to be another way."

"Jaebeom-ah," I heard Jinyoung say with softest of voices and a familiarity he only every used when we were alone. "You need to listen. We made a mistake. Some of us were still upset about how you reacted to Jackson, and wanted you to feel the burden of being leader by having to make a choice, but we were always going to back you. No matter the consequences. Don't you know us better than to think we would really put you in pain like this?"

I looked at the member I had known the longest; the one I most thought of as a brother, my male soul mate

I looked at the member I had known the longest; the one I most thought of as a brother, my male soul mate. I heard the words but was slow to understand their meaning. I shook my head trying to get the feeling of wet cotton out of my brain.

"Jaebeom-ah," he repeated. "Go tell her that we all will support you when you announce your relationship. We had no idea..." his voice trailed off.

I looked up into the eyes of my best friends. They looked apologetic and remorseful. They also looked encouragingly at me as he and the others helped me to my feet.

"Go after her and bring her back. We need to strategize on how to make this work out as best as possible. We'll wait for you," offered Jackson, nodding his head and pursing his lips.

 We'll wait for you," offered Jackson, nodding his head and pursing his lips