Surprise! - Chapter 33

⊱ ♫ ────── ⋆Jaebeom⋆ ────── ♫ ⊰

I was trying to figure out if Sharay was lucky or very shrewd. When I had to leave earlier than expected from Florida, she saw me off at the airport and gave me a present and card with instructions that it was for my birthday. She said it would be useful for my Birthday Vlive event. Didn't know what she meant by that at the time, as I was still fuming about the fact that Park Jin Young had, yet again, reneged on his promise about how long I would get to stay with Sharay. I resented him for making me leave two days after Christmas instead of after the New Year.

On my birthday I was actually in Hong Kong and nearly forgot to bring Sharay's present with me. Fortunately, Bambam reminded me that I needed to do a Vlive while we were away and that tickled my memory that I "needed" her gift.

Sitting in our hotel room, I opened her card first.

Jaebeom,

I know you love your oversized shirts, but your fans appreciate seeing your physique from time to time. Trust me on this. I'll be watching. Happy Birthday!

Love ya,

Sharay

PS. I like your physique too!

I had to laugh at her note. As I opened the present I pulled out very soft red shirt with "Write like you're running out of time." Yes, this was going to be a form fitting shirt, but Sharay knew me well enough that comfort was a priority and the shirt certainly seemed designed for that. I ripped off the shirt I was wearing and pulled on the one Sharay had given me, then I covered it with a hoodie and set up to begin my Vlive.

 I ripped off the shirt I was wearing and pulled on the one Sharay had given me, then I covered it with a hoodie and set up to begin my Vlive

As the Vlive for my birthday began, I mentioned that my girlfriend got me a shirt, and asked those watching if they wanted to see. Though there were a few comments that were negative, a number asked for me to show them. Taking Sharay at her word, I stood up and turned around, back to the camera and peeled off my hoodie, knowing this would flex my back muscles. As I turned back around and started reading the comments, I had to smile. Sharay was right. The fans seemed to really like the shirt! And, there were numerous comments thanking her for my gift. I think I need to listen to my girl more often.

Can I just say how happy I am that Sharay doesn't feel compelled to spend tons of money on gifts? I mean, my fans send me really nice things, but sometimes the extravagance is over the top. I really don't need or want expensive gifts just because of the label. That's not who I am. Yeah, I like Ventiments and Supreme, but it's because they're comfortable, not because of the label. A decent hoodie from the market would suit me just as fine, truth be told, but I do get sponsored by some of these brand labels so, why not wear them?

The next several weeks were wild. We had our two day long 4th Anniversary fan meet, a trip to Guangzhou for a fan sign, and several other events. I was missing Sharay like crazy and was finding it a challenge to even get time to chat with her on Skype every few days. I was holding out for March when she was planning on coming for a visit, but that was still a couple of weeks away.