New York Bound - Chapter 28

Warning: Intimate scenes strongly suggested

⊱ ♫ ────── ⋆Jaebeom⋆ ────── ♫ ⊰

Getting to meet Sharay's uncle in Atlanta was a treat, but I was really looking forward to New York. I had been planning a special surprise "early Christmas" present for her for several months and just couldn't wait to see her reaction. Because of this plan, Sharay and I had to leave earlier than the rest of the members and her family. As such we departed right after the Atlanta fan meet to catch a red eye to Newark and then taxi about half an hour into Manhattan where I had booked us two separate rooms in a small, relatively unknown hotel. Everyone else was leaving the following evening after spending some down time in Atlanta.

I was fortunate that I'd made the arrangements before asking Sharay out, as I'm not sure TJ would have given her approval if she had known we would be dating and on our own over night. I was a little concerned she might change her mind and had to share with TJ what the surprise was to convince her that it was too big a deal to miss out on.

Since it was the red eye, and we were in first class, Sharay and I boarded last to avoid the potential of being spotted by any possible GOT7 fans who had travelled to the Atlanta show. We also were able to disembark without incident. We had only carryon luggage since I arranged for the remainder of our suitcases to follow with the rest of the crew. In my bag was an additional outfit for Sharay; a necessary component of the surprise. Her mom had packed her bag without her knowing as we were to leave directly from the venue. Our bags were already in her Uncle Paul's car, as he was driving us to the airport.

"Wait! You mean we're not going back to the hotel? We're going where? Just the two of us?" Sharay was asking me, as I ushered her towards the back door of the venue hall and our awaiting ride.

"I arranged this a while back," I offered, trying to sound calm at the prospect of being alone with her overnight, two rooms notwithstanding. "It's an early Christmas present," I added by way of explanation. "Trust me. You're gonna love it!"

Our flight was rather uneventful, as we were both tired. Exhaustion was not just limited to the physical strain of performing, but also all the work we'd been doing preparing for the LA event and the disclosure that we were dating. Sharay was putting in tons of time translating the videos that were being sent in on a daily basis, so she was worn out as well. The moment the plane lifted off we both instantly fell asleep, Sharay's head resting upon my shoulder.

Touching down in Newark, we departed the plane quickly and made our way to the nearest taxi who took us to our hotel in the City. The skyline was breathtaking as we approached from New Jersey.

In an abundance of caution, we check in five minutes apart, with Sharay checking in first

In an abundance of caution, we check in five minutes apart, with Sharay checking in first. Our rooms had been booked separately as well, but were done in such a way that they would be at the end of a corridor and next to one another. I didn't want her to be separated too far from me in the event of emergency.