Chapter 24- Tormented

Start from the beginning

"Stop struggling. I don't want to hurt you, but if you will not keep still, then I might do something really bad, and I am definitely sure you wouldn't like it." His deep voice is slightly muffled against the mask, but I have fully understood what he said.

I really hate needles, I really do, and I will trade everything just to avoid that injection.

"Please, I'll do whatever you want, just don't do this. Please..."I plead for the nth time already.

"But this is the most important part, my Dear." He says with a hint of impatience in his voice while aiming for the right spot on my arm.

The needle is just inches away from my skin this time and I am desperate to avoid it. I continue to struggle with my tears fully soaking my cheeks, but he is a huge man and he is strong enough to force that needle into my muscle in a snap of a second.

"Don't worry, I will be gentle." he bunches up my skin to prepare for the injection.

"Please! No!!!" I look away and shut my eyes close really tight as he was finally able to thrust it on my skin.

"Relax. This would be easy and quick, Emily..." I arch my back in pain as he plunges it deeper into my skin.

Damn it hurts! I am weeping at the pain. My breathing pace slows down the moment he pulls it out from me.

"There, there..." The man mutters in an ironic way of comforting me. "It's just like a bite of an ant, right?"

He must be referring to a poisonous and terrifying, giant ant with millions of sharp teeth.

My arm numbs out, and I cannot move them, or rather, I'm afraid to move them.

"What did you just inject into me?" I weakly mumble in between sobs.

He didn't respond. Despite wearing a mask, I can see the shadow of his lips' movement beneath it, and with the way his eyes glint at me, I can tell that he just smiled triumphantly.

I throw my head back on the pillow and wallow in defeat.

"You'll be okay." He states before finally leaving the room, and I am left crying miserably on the bed.

What did he just inject to me? It might be a drug, a poison, or something more dangerous. Oh God, I don't want to die yet.

Please, if I am just dreaming, I beg for someone to wake me up...

I hope Xander will come to save me as soon as possible. Even if he is mad at me, I know that he will come to save me. The thought of him going through lengths had me bawling even more.

My bawling shifts into a soft whimper when I heard voices behind the door. I try to listen to it, but they are low voices of men talking like they are plotting something against me.

I gasp when the door suddenly swings open. I flinch at the silhouette of another guy, as there is a glaring light behind him. He's tall, well-built, and is wearing a black leather jacket and jeans.

"Hello, Emily." His baritone voice is masked with danger. "Thanks for seeing me today. I'm glad you have kept your promise."

Promise? My mind wobbles for a fraction of a second, and then it hits me.

That text message!

"Hey, beautiful. It's me, Logan, from last night. Hope you have given me the right number. Let's meet up tomorrow as you promised."