Chapter 24- Tormented

Start from the beginning

My chest pains at the recollection. Never in my life did I expect something like this to happen to me.

I need to see Xander, my Xander...Right now. I blink my tears away as I have thought of missing him. I have to find a way to contact him.

Wait, where's my phone? I look around, looking for any signs of it, but there's no chance. Shit. They freaking took my phone. Of course, they would, whoever did this to me.

"Xander?" In a soft, croaky voice, his name is the first thing that has come out of my dry mouth. Tears cloud my vision and threaten to roll down my cheek as I start to panic. The thought of him and my family worrying about me is killing me, most especially my mother crying. I don't want to stress her out because her blood pressure usually rises up whenever she is, and it worries me.

"Xander? Hello? Anyone here?" I can only hear my echoed voice replying to me.

Warm burden fills my chest as I try to break free from the handcuffs by tugging my arms on them from the bedposts as forcefully as I can, but it only hurts my wrists.

"Someone help me, please!" I bellow.

I shut my mouth up when I hear a rustling sound coming from the outside. I hold my breath and stop moving when the door opens and pours out a man in an impeccable black suit and a blue face mask. He has black, wavy hair with a Widow's peak hairline and hooded brown eyes that I have never seen before.

Who is this? With creasing forehead and narrowed eyes, I try to figure out who might this be, but I don't think I know him.

"Who are you and what do you want from me?" I weakly cry out, but he didn't respond. I cannot make out his facial expression underneath the mask, but with the way his eyes gleamed with evil intent, I conclude that this is not just ordinary trouble.

"What do you want from me?" I ask again, but he remains silent.

My eyes flew wide open when he lifts up his hand and shows me a syringe filled with an unknown drug. He takes a closer look at it and pushes the plunger further in, allowing a small amount of colorless liquid to spurt out from the needle. The needle seems to grow bigger the longer I stare at it, and I inch backward in fear.

"Please, whoever you are, just let me go. I won't tell anyone about this, I promise, just let me go." I beg, but he seems deaf to my words. I know it's impossible, but I silently pray for this man to have mercy on me. If he wants millions of dollars in exchange for releasing me, then it might be the end of me. Xander lost his job, and my family doesn't have that enough money.

"Don't you dare come closer!" I exclaim with my remaining force as he looms over me. I look around again and search for something that could help me out from these restraints, but the room is literally empty. I extend my legs and use my toes to open the bedside drawer on my right side, but they are empty too.

"Easy, Darling." His voice is that of a middle-aged stranger taunting a helpless girl.

I squirm on the bed and try to reach him with my legs as he threatens to inject that substance into me.

"Get off of me! Help! Someone, please help me! Xander!" I shout on top of my voice while fidgeting on the sheets. He moves towards the right side of the bed, probably protecting himself from my frantic attempts of kicking him in his nuts.

With calculated moves, he grabs my upper arm with one hand and I wail in pain as the left handcuff bites off on my wrist at the harsh movement. Since I bleed easily, the metal cuffs have scraped my skin which is now damped with my blood.

"Please...don't do this," I beg once more.

He pins my arm against the bed to keep me still, but I keep on pulling on the cuffs despite the abrasion and the incredible pain in my shoulder, shaking the whole bed in the process. He is about to inject the needle into my deltoid muscle but I continue to move frantically on the bed, my wild movements hurting my wrist even more.