Texting "Dad"

Jem walks downstairs, and knocks at her door. "Hey can I come in?" She froze. "Umm.. I am kind of getting dressed." She had her bra and underwear on, and she felt uncomfortable letting him. "Okay, tell me when." Macy slipped on sweatpants, and a sweatshirt to match. She didn't care about if she had a short sleeved shirt on or not. It's not like she would take off the sweater, anyways. "Come in." He opened the door. "You're rocking the sweat suit look." Macy could feel herself beaming. "Aww, thanks."

Then Jem blushed, which made Macy blush, and now it's just awkward silence. Her phone buzzed, and she looked at it.

Dad

I'm going to be home
tonight.
7:45 am

Drunk or not? -.-
7:46 am

Don't question me
missy. I'm gonna drink
if I want to and if I end
up beating you, so
be it.
7:50 am

Macy shut off her phone, and looked at Jem. He could tell something was wrong. "Who was that?"
"My dad, you can't come over tonight."
"Okay.. are you going to be alright?"
"Gosh I hope so, can we just skip school today?"
"I won't have a ride. My car's at home."
She paused before speaking again. "Maybe you should go to school, and I will stay at home."
"Macy, what's wrong?"
"I just can't have you over. I'm sorry, but things happen, and I don't want you in the middle of it."
"You know I'll feel if something happens to you."
"I can't have you over."
"Okay, do you want me to come over if something does happen?"
"I'd really rather you didn't."
"Okay, fine."

Macy could tell Jeremy was reluctant about it, so she put her hands on his shoulders and said, "Hey, I will be okay. Don't worry about me. You might feel pain, but I am used to it. Don't worry."
"Okay, but if I text, please respond, at latest, after five minutes."
"I can't make any promises, after ten?"
"Fine after ten minutes pass, and you don't respond I'm going to be at your doorstep ready to bust the door down."

Macy just smiled. Jeremy left for school, and Macy sat on the couch waiting for her dad. She tried staying awake. She knew if she fell asleep she'd lose track of time. She needs to stay awake. She needs... to stay... awake. She... needs...