Façade: Within - Chapter 13

The enemy

 (Third person's pov)

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Nothing else could be heard in that room but the constant dripping of a red liquid - blood. Since the captives stubbornly shut their mouths too prideful to even let out a gasp.

She pressed the ice pick harder on his thigh making him bit in his lips harder drawing out blood in the process.

Over the week the interrogation didn't have much progress. Ok, cross that out. Did not really have any progress at all. So she decided to use some... force.

"Kami, help me if I accidentally kill you. So let's start from the basic. Who sent you?" Twisting the object, she said earning another glare from the second captive. The sound of the flesh being inhumanely dealt with was sickening but she didn't fazed.

She actually craves for this session to come. It would just make things interesting.

"B-boss." The same answer since the last thirty minutes.

"We have n-no other information about him. Even if y-you'll k-kill us." A shaking voice sounded in her right, from the other captive.

It irked her. So much. But keeping her calm, she stated in a measured tone. "Well then, I think your families would suffer the same fate as you both have."

Fear evident in their eyes. It looked like they're begging her not to do what they thought she would do. She closed the door with a bang and that is the only time she let her mask drop, irritation replaced the emotionless face she always wore on sessions like those.

"That was unnecessary." Soft voice said on her back.

"Was it really?" She said back.

"Don't-"

"Yes. Yes, Ryou I won't push myself too hard. *huff* I'm actually enjoying it." That probably wasn't the right words she's suppose to say when placating a worried man down. Imagining Ryou's face filled with horror, knowing that she loves to torture people, almost made her explode in a fit of laughter. But it's Ryouji Hest we're talking about. He doesn't evoke that kind of face.

"Fine. It was only an empty threat. I bet they also know that."

Ryou nods, letting her comment slide. "The tracking team reached to another dead end, unsurprisingly. But they are already tracing another track; hopefully the result won't be the same."

"Hai. It's been a hell of one week not knowing anything or even leads. This just proves that they have really prepared." Unlike us.

"We'll find the loophole in the situation. Turn it in our advantage."

"Ah, it sometimes slips my knowledge that you were once the best assault member nii always brags about."

"I've been trying." They chuckled softly. Not touching the past best gives them a comrade relationship that they need especially in times like these.

-

"Yo! Chehon, Krista." Dre greeted loudly.

"Dre. I'm accompanying hime to her next class." Chi offhandedly said while Krista just looked at Dre.

"Ohh, of course! Wouldn't want hime to get attacked with the situation we're in right now." He joked. But Krista's eye narrowed.