Façade: Within - Chapter 6

Codes

(Krista’s POV)

“So this one is also wrong?! How many times do I have to repeat this? I’m pretty sure it is simple. Well, looks like it.” I complained grumpily.

I heaved a deep breath. Nth time. For the nth time solving this phrase.

I give up.

“Appearances deceive.” I glare at the paper. I know that firsthand. Oh, how true that phrase is. “You know it’s not that hard.” With all the smugness in his voice.

“For you! I quietly argue. I huffed. He’s lucky we’re in a library or else I will really give him an earful.

“…”

“Ok, I’ll bite. What’s the answer?” I turn around and gave him my Interrogation intimidating face. With my right eyebrow raised, arms crossed and head tilt in an angle. Oh, and the scrutinizing glare.

When he smirked, I know it’s something.

“I love you.” He said it while looking into my eyes.

I feel myself flush red – in annoyance. He continues arranging the books in the shelves as I turn back and try again.

 _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

I           01001001      00100000           I

I           01101100      01101111           I

I           01110110      01100101           I

I           00100000      01111001           I

I           01101111      01110101           I

I _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ I

Of course he gave me the um, rules? I think. That there’s eight characters in every letter that it represents. And even the space has its own characters which is 00100000. -.-

Damn, that guy! I know, I know that I must be wary of him. But then my Nii-san confirmed that he really does work under KION. But I consider the fact that I was the only one who has seen his face – and, er, except for Jurri but then she probably forgot about it already since that was way back Three Years ago.

My thoughts turned to my call with Nii-san. I’m a bit relieved but also a bit confused.

“Hey you.”

“Is the surname kyle part of KION?”

“Aww. No greeting for me imouto? Are you like that now? Now that you’ve find someone else, you’ll forget your own aniki? But definitely I am handsomer than him. Right?”

“Your voice is too chirpy, Nii-san.” And I admit I kind of miss him. He had been on a mission for the last three months and has just come back last week. We didn’t even get to meet at home.

“Hey…”

“Yeah, what is it? And the heck Kai, I asked you a question so you better answer.”

“I’ve heard that awhile ago, chirpy. Hmm, ah! Chi-kun!”

“Chi-kun??” Chehon’s head snapped on my direction and mouthed what. I shake my head.