Façade: Within - Chapter 11

(Ryouji Hest -->)

A Ruined Getaway

(Chehon's POV)

"Dude! Seriously? What are you thinking now? And don't tell me it's nothing when it certainly isn't." Dre's voice sounded a lot louder than the music in the background. After dropping Krista off her house Dre called me to meet the others in his penthouse.

"Oh no! Don't tell me you're a hopeless lovesick-"

"Guys, seriously. It's the company I'm working on. We've had problems and I have to do something." I lay back further on the couch and placed my arms in the side, making my statement vague so that Ry could not get the meaning - he's not a member of KION after all.

Usually during the group meet up, I’m all good times and joke times. But it seems like I was drained today by many things – that cryptic, Kai’s order, Krista’s bodyguard. Though I won’t mind the last one, but still.

"Ok then if that's what you want to name it." I glared at Ryan's comment while Dre laughed.

"It's fine lover boy. Things go out of the plan sometimes. That's where your smartness comes in - or what we call naughti-"

"Yeah, Dre. Got it. Clearly. You guys are hopeless!" I got off the couch and got myself a sandwich and a juice, still wondering about my situation. Surely Dre knows something; I just have to ask vaguely. It still bothers me that I should keep something from him, he’s my best buddy after all.

Going back to the living room, I heard them talking quietly and seriously. Yet after hearing my footsteps they are chuckling with each other like little girls. "Please don't let me know what you're talking about."

"Then we won't." Dre said with a laugh that makes me more curious but I let it pass. Maybe they're talking about how or when they got last laid.

"So are the others coming or not?" I asked bored, munching the sandwich in my mouth. I need someone like Pete to save me from these guys. He is the mature one – aside from me, of course - among the six of us.

"Nope. I bet they're stuck up with projects now. Or girls."

"Definitely, girls." Ry but in.

I drank the cold juice, burping loudly as I finished before I checked the clock. 6:45.

"Ok. I'm outta here. Another time guys, just call me." Grabbing my phone on the table, as I make my way to the door.

"Hey, hey, wait. I'll go now too, Dre." Ry scrambled to get up and catch up to me.

"Guys, are you alright?! It's still before 7 and you haven't even stayed here for an hour." He kept the door open.

"We'll stay longer next time." I said calming him down while Ry making a confirming sound beside me.

"Ok guys! Till next time. And when I say next time - no day dreaming Chi also you Ry, please don't let me send a thousand messages again or so help me both of you . . ." He said dramatically.

I could only roll my eyes and said back. "You sounded like a mother hen, Dre keep it up then you'd have no gals fawning over you!" Ry pushed me to the street while laughing hardly. We ran towards the next corner.

"That was bull's eye!" Ry yelled then we did our signature fist bump. I recalled the message I received earlier.

"I have something to do, Ry. I'll go now."