Façade: Within - Chapter 3

First? Second?

Wind blew around me as I walk around the garden. Maybe I look like a crazy person when someone sees what I’m doing, but I don’t care. I think most of the students are now in their respective rooms at this time. Walking back and forth, turning around, and inspecting flower buds. This is my favorite place in the Azayakana Daigaku* or A University as what most students here call it. It’s so serene. Like an escape from reality.

  “Huh? What’s this?” I picked up the blue spiral notebook. I stopped and shook my head. I must be insane thinking that the owner of this notebook is the one I’m looking for. Wiping some of the Bermuda grass that’s sticking in the cover, I read the student’s info.

  Chehon Kyle

  Cryptology Department Blg. No. 485

Oh. And here I thought that I am the only person who hangout in this place. Poor guy, he is probably tearing his hair off finding this notebook. The main rule in this University is No notebooks, No entry. Since they teach you more on application and written input, a notebook is a must.

Wait. Cryptology Dept? I squeal as I run to a bench and lie on my stomach and started scanning the pages.

Sh’t! Dream comes true! There are about a hundred codes in here – Letters and numbers. Binary Codes, Julius Caesar’s Box etc.

It’s been a while since I decode some of the codes. Nii-san doesn’t spare me too much of his time because he’s always busy with missions Otousan* gave him.

The first Off School Activity here is this:

01001000  01101001

‘What?’

I make a mental run down of the numbers I’ve encountered before. But what’s the use? They’re all made of 0’s and 1’s.

They seem easy enough. Seem, as the magic word. Now I’ve never really focused on crypto because I want something more on real action like interrogation – torturing information out from someone or making them give the info they oath to keep with their lives without them realizing it. Using their emotions and manipulating them. I huffed sometimes my sadistic side comes in the open.

There is also this HL KDW. My excitement died down when I think that some of these are just scribbles not really an OSA*, but codes nevertheless.

There’s more and I mean a lot more of them but my head’s beginning to throb so-

You don’t need to pressure yourself too much you know.” A teasing voice whispered in my right ear.

Oww!

Damn.

Damn it, this guy! I clutched my skirt as I squeezed my eyes close. I feel myself swaying a bit.

Don’t expect me to say sorry when you’re clearly at fault for frightening me.

Psh. At least I said those words without stuttering in pain. It makes me wonder what his chin is made of. I pressed the right side of my head to keep it from aching though I really don’t know if it helps. A lighthearted laugh resounds from my back.

I don’t know why but I kinda expect those words from you.

I turn around to say something back. Anything. Just to argue and make him see who’s really at fault.

But everything died down as I make contact with those eyes.

Blue.

-o-

*Azayakana Daigaku – Brilliant University [I know it sounds lame :P but I want something that starts with A University, if you could suggest some I’d be glad to consider it :)]

*Otousan – Father

*OSA – Off school activity.

*01001000  01101001 and HL BGH – Who would want to solve? You know it’s just a search away, except for the letter ones. ;)