Façade: Within - Chapter 2

History

  Being the only girl in the family has its ups and downs. You’ll be treated like a princess, or even more than that. But on the other side, you’ll need more protection. Even I don’t know who those guys are disguised as someone that is tasked to look out for me. It is really irritating at some points especially when I am the type of person who values much on privacy.

I have a brother who’s older than me by 5 years. So he basically treats me like a baby even though I am already 18. But it doesn’t change the fact that he’s the only person I trust. Since father is out of the list, because I don’t know. Maybe I’m not that close to him, but he still tries to make contact with me. I’m just the one that’s closing him out. I was a mother’s girl after all.

KION

It is infamously known as an underground agency that is formed by my father. He never did explain to us its goals and why he decided to start it a year after mother died 8 years ago. My big bro, Kai helped him in that area. Of course father would have liked me to get acquainted with things and such but Kai wouldn’t let him.

“You’re still too young and this matter is for adults and handsome ones like yours truly.” He unsuccessfully joked and said it with a wink, that baka*. He’s such an over protective nii-san*.

But every month, or whenever my father would like, KION will have its meet-up. During those times newbie’s will be assigned to their permanent area that’s related to their skill and ability. The types of department that I’ve known of are Crypto Dept, Inter Dept, Assault Dept, Stealth Dept, and lastly Medic Dept. Nii-san’s been giving me – or more like I’m forcing the information out of him about the group.

I always like challenges ever since my mother gave me a cryptic to solve when I was 9 years old. It goes like this:

I E K C L Y R H O O I A V U S N

It took me almost a year to get it right. What’s worst was her lips are sealed from giving me clues. When I almost gave up, she would taunt me saying “Oh, poor Krista. That’s so not you to just leave it at that. You know the answer to that since the first time.” And with a knowing wink and that gentle, encouraging smile, I would start from square one and try another way.

Around the time when I got it right, my father came home delivering ominous news. ‘Just when I finally got it right’ I though dejectedly.

I’ve gotten my looks from my mother. Dark hair with a shade of light brown, tan skin, black eyes. A height of 5’9 and a body of a model as what one of my professors in high school said. But I’ve never really been grateful of any of this because I was too sheltered that I barely experience anything.

Not anymore. Since that day when I talk back, when I showed them what I could do, when I defeated him. The son of our suspected enemy. Too bad I didn’t get to finish him off because his help arrived. Nonetheless, next time he won’t be as lucky.

Lex

Yeah. I don’t know anything but his name or maybe his nickname. Psh. But I’ll never forget what he looks like.

After all, who could forget those piercing gaze of his and those blue eyes?

*baka – stupid

*nii-san – Big brother

AN: Please excuse my short chapters. ^_^V I’m a newbie in writing. I am not an expert in codes or something but i really do love them. And I hope you don’t mind me putting some Japanese words. :) Dedecated to @norah7lover7 thanks for the follow :)

And last, if someone could solve that cryptic there – I’d be ecstatic. Go on try it (y) Clue: 4x4 box, Julius Caesar's box.  If someone could get it, I'd dedicate the next chapter to him/her.