𝟎𝟏 | 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬

𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟕

            𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐼𝐿𝐴𝐻 𝐺𝐼𝐿𝐵𝐸𝑅𝑇. The name rolled off the man's tongue in front of her. He had a British accent which she knew would send shiver's down her spine if this was real. He was close up to her, standing barely three inches away, his hand resting delicately on her rosy cheek. It was like he was treating her as a gorgeous crystal bowl, in which he didn't want to ever drop or break. He stared at her, his lips pulled in a thin line, studying each of her freckles on her face, how her eyelashes curled perfectly and made her eyes stand out. She was frozen, staring into his deep blue eyes never wanting to look away. They were captivating. They held many emotions, but the one that stood out the most was pain. Not physical pain. But as if his past had been nothing but something he never wanted to remember. He opened his lips to say something but she couldn't hear a word he was saying. 

Adelaide shot up from her bed, breathing hard. She had a slight sweat to her forehead, and her breathing was in rough gasps for air. Her eyes were wide and her mouth hung open ever so slightly - dry like a piece of sand paper. She lifted her hand up to her chee and rubbed at it, even though she knew the man she had saw was only a dream, it still... felt so real. She turned her head to the side, where her bedside table was and saw the time on her alarm clock.

11:45 PM

She had gone to bed early that night as she had been having a lot of trouble sleeping recently and was extremely tired but as she tried to go back to sleep her mind wouldn't rest. Soon she gave up and eventually threw the cover off her legs and winced as the cool air hit them, before swinging them over the side and getting up. She quickly made her bed not caring if it was neat or not, before grabbing a pair of black leggings and a light grey crop top which was loose, and then made her way to the bathroom. Might as well get a shower to save time in the morning.

Exiting the bathroom, clad in her clothes she had picked up from her room, with her hair dried and flowing down her back in slight waves, she grabbed a hair tie and pulled her dark brown hair into a high pony tail, with a few hairs falling out of it, framing her face.

She hummed to herself as she made her way out of her bedroom and began to descend the stairs, wanting to get a snack and a drink of water, trying to keep quiet at the same time. She had only just made it near to the bottom of the stairs when she nearly bumped into Elena, from not watching where she was going. Both Elena and her Aunt Jenna were stood at the bottom of the stairs. She hadn't expected anyone to be awake other than herself. 

"Sorr-" She began to say to her sister but when she looked up, both Elena and Aunt Jenna were staring at something, more like someone, who was stood outside of the Gilbert residence door.

"Adelaide." The woman spoke in a soft but sickly sweet voice, with a small smile on her face. Jenna looked confused and heartbroken, while Elena looked angry, and filled with regret, along with fright. 

"Errrr, hi. Do I know you?" Adelaide asked the girl, feeling confused herself, sending a puzzled glance towards her twin. 

"Isobel." Elena said in a low voice. Adelaide didn't know who this woman was and had never heard of the name Isobel before, but she assumed it was someone Elena and Jenna both didn't like.

SHADOWS ⧫ klaus mikaelsonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara