𝟑𝟑 | 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟕

              𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 slept at the Gilbert home that evening, wanting to make sure Elena was okay after inhaling so much smoke and receiving a few burn marks. While Adelaide had also gotten a few burns on her hands, they had healed with barely minutes after receiving them. It wasn't like they had hurt anyway. She either was immune to fire or was able to bare it better than others, or she was completely too focused on saving her sister to concentrate on her own injuries. Having slept in Elena's bed, despite her sister saying she was fine and didn't need someone to constantly watch her, Adelaide made sure to wake up before she did. She went to retrieve some tablets that would help Elena with her hangover along with a glass of water. Setting them on Elena's night stand she left the room to take a shower and get ready for the day. She had planned to help out Caroline and Bonnie with decorating the town square as tonight the towns lights would be turned off and the lanterns would be lit up for the night of Illumination. The three girls had signed up to volunteer and Adelaide was glad they had, as it would be something normal to do for once. She felt like she hadn't had a normal day in a while, with just her two best friends.

Standing beside Alaric and Jeremy, they listened to Carol Lockwood's speech as she stood on the stage. "As a long-time member of the historical society, I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers." She smiled, gesturing out towards the people who had already started to help hang the lanterns up. "Tonight, we turn off our town's lights and flare up our lanterns in honour of the night of Illumination. Started by our founders 150 years ago. Here's founding family member Tobias Fell with a history lesson." There was a round of applause as Mrs Lockwood stepped off the stage only to be replaced with Tobias Fell.

"What are we doing here?" Jeremy turned to Alaric, annoyed he was dragged to this event.

"Tobias Fell is the head of the history department." Alaric explained. "I didn't have a choice." Adelaide laughed at the expression on Alaric's face.

"All right, that explains what you're doing here." Jeremy hinted.

"Well, I'm the one who can fail you if you don't help me out." Alaric pointed out.

"And I am a volunteer. I'm going to go and find Caroline and Bonnie." Adelaide informed the two of them, spotting Elena also heading in their direction. "Tell Elena I'll see her later." They nodded as she walked off, sending Caroline a text as she went, asking where to meet. She turned back however, forgetting to ask Elena something but when she turned around she saw another girl there. Someone who was familiar but thought was dead. And she was holding Jeremy's hand. Let out a gasp of shock, her eyes went wide. She looked around before the text alert from her phone snapped her out of her staring. She looked at the text from Caroline with their location and decided to just go and meet up with them instead of going back over to the others. She didn't know if she should tell Bonnie or not. She knew Bonnie knew Jeremy could still see Anna, but it wasn't like they were kissing or anything. He was just being a good friend to her because Anna was lonely, having no one else to talk to. Yeah, that's what it is. Adelaide tried her hardest to convince herself nothing was going on between Jeremy and Anna as she walked through the crowd of people, cutting across the grass despite wearing heeled boots. She pushed it aside though as she neared Bonnie and Caroline, not wanting one of the girls to sense something off and then question her until she told them everything. She would just be worrying Bonnie if she did that, and there may not be much to worry about in the first place.