𝟎𝟖 | 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟐𝟎

            𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 sat with her legs laid out and her head in her Aunt Jenna's lap, who sat at the far end of the sofa the two girls were on. Stefan stood beside Elena who was in one of the arm chairs and Elijah stood behind the armchair. Alaric was sat in front of them all on the sofa opposite to the one Jenna and Adelaide were on. While listening to Alaric, Adelaide couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was going to go terribly wrong. And her gut feelings had never been wrong.

"So you don't remember anything that happened?" Stefan asked Alaric, walking forward.

"No. It's like I blacked out and woke up three days later." The history teacher explained. "Katherine was there." He sighed, avoiding Jenna's intense stare.

"She's under compulsion." Stefan informed him as they already knew where Katherine was. "Damon snuck her some vervain but she can't leave until Klaus tells her she can."

"Where is Damon?" Elena asked the group.

"I saw him go upstairs." Jenna pulled back, not sitting with her back hunched over anymore as she took her stare away from Alaric to look at Elena. Elena got up with a small sigh, deciding to go talk to Damon.

"What's this?" Adelaide looked up as she felt Jenna tap one of her legs. She only had some comfy shorts on so her legs were bare.

"What's what?" She asked, sitting up.

"This... I didn't know you had a birth mark?" Jenna looked up at Adelaide confused while the teenage girl looked down at her leg.

"Er, it used to be a lot smaller I guess. I never really paid any attention to it. It is definitely a lot bigger than I remember though." She replied, looking at the strange shaped birthmark. She looked closer as her eyes blurred slightly. She thought she had saw some black symbols but when she blinked they had gone. She shook her head, thinking she was just tired and stressed about the sacrifice. Elijah stared at her curiously, wondering what supernatural creature could she be if she wasn't human.

"What's that noise!" Adelaide sat up straight as she flung her legs off Jenna's lap and onto the floor.

"What noise?" Stefan asked but before he could get a response Adelaide had dashed up the stairs of the boarding house. By now everyone could hear Elena screaming in fright. Adelaide barged into Damon's room to see him forcing Elena his blood. Having being told what vampire blood could do to a human if they drank it and then died, and then drank human blood, Adelaide knew that if Elena was to now die she would be in transitioning to become a vampire.

"Damon!" Adelaide yelled furiously, trying to get him to stop. Stefan used his vampire speed to push past Adelaide and threw Damon across the room, away from Elena who had blood around her mouth. She was glaring at Damon as Adelaide rushed to check on her.

"What did you do?!" Stefan yelled at his older brother, furious with Damon's actions.

"Adelaide," Elena yelped, pulling away from her sisters touch.

"What?"

"You're skin is boiling hot." Elena informed the girl with wide eyes, holding her arm where Adelaide had placed her hand to comfort her. She pulled her own hand away to see a red hand print mark in her arm.

"What?" Adelaide stepped back, scared with what she had just done. She didn't even know what she had just done. Or how.

"Huh? What did you do?" Stefan was still shouting at Damon.